Winter/Spring Editorial InternshipBookmark This
603 Greenwich Street, Suite 101, New York, NY 10014
DescriptionDo you eat, sleep and breathe stories? Do you know your Cheever from your Carver from your Chandler? Have you read everything Edgar Allen Poe ever wrote? Wait. That might be a bit much...
Still, are you curious about what the future of publishing could look like? Do you want to know what it’s really like to work at a tech startup? Can you find all the grammatical errors in this paragraph?
If you’ve answered yes to all the above, we think you might be perfect.
At Paragraph, we are trying to re-imagine the future of publishing. We want to help people discover the world's best short stories. Founded by a team of serial entrepreneurs with a passion for prose, we work with the world's most interesting authors, publishers and publications to help them spread their art to a wider audience. Our newest project, Paragraph Shorts (http://www.paragraphshorts.com), features stories from master storytellers such as John Cheever, Donald Barthelme and Flannery O'Connor, alongside fresh voices like Etgar Keret, Taylor Mali and Sarah Kay.
We’re looking for editorial interns to help us curate the best stories (in text, video and audio) and images for upcoming issues. This internship is perfect for undergraduate English majors who are interested in working at the cutting edge of digital publishing.
Responsibilities• Creating and writing a variety of editorial content
• Researching and summarizing great stories
• Researching photographs to appear alongside stories
• Updating and maintaining various social media accounts
• Discovering new voices that should appear in our publications
• Developing new ways to engage with potential audiences
• Helping us develop new publishing formats, tools and services, social media accounts
Requirements• An unhealthy obsession with stories
• Available at least two days per week to come into our NYC office with your laptop
• Available via email/chat on weekdays
• Familiar and active on various social media outlets such as Facebook, twitter, Instagram and tumblr
• Capable of writing poignant, cogent and concise copy for our apps and websites
• Able to balance both short- and long-term assignments
• Self-motivated and comfortable taking ownership over projects
• Knowledge of Photoshop is a plus, but not necessary
** We currently are looking for undergraduate interns who are interested in design (Photoshop skill is required) -AND- interns who are interested in content marketing!
When applying, please submit a resume and cover letter AND complete this form: http://bit.ly/1a6YvpO