Spring Intern for Local Shelter MagazineToday Media
EDITORIAL INTERNSHIP for THE LATERALS MEDIATHE LATERALS MEDIA
***LEARN ABOUT THE PUBLISHING INDUSTRY*** - Book Club Coordinator (Virtual & Office Internship)Next Level Publishing
One year Unpaid Editing InternshipCheshire Grin Publishing
One Year Unpaid Marketing InternshipCheshire Grin Publishing
Editorial Intern (Paid)Bookmark This
Prime Publishing LLC
3400 Dundee Road, Suite 220
DescriptionPrime Publishing LLC creates women’s lifestyle content in the cooking and crafting niches. We are a leader in building multi-platform brands that inform, inspire, and engage highly coveted consumer audiences. Meeting at the intersection of information and engagement, our brands — all powered by innovation — span digital web sites, e-mail newsletters, social media, licensing, e-commerce, business information, and marketing services. Our group of 27 owned and operated cooking and crafting properties deliver over 68 million page views monthly. More than 5.3 million readers subscribe to our daily content eNewsletters.
We are seeking an Editorial Intern for our content sites in the area of crafting (general, knitting, beading, quilting, crochet, sewing, jewelry) or recipes (desserts, general recipes, healthy recipes). Each intern is assigned to an editorial team and is directly supervised by a full-time Editor.
The internship program is set up as a 13-week learning experience. You will learn about on-line writing, blogger outreach, social media, analytics, content publishing and more. We understand that interns may wish to work slightly shorter or longer than 13 weeks, and this is possible. Our goal is to teach you a new skill each week. Should there be mutual interest, we will share with you our detailed training schedule and learning experience during an in-person interview which details learning goals by week.
Responsibilities- CMS – We have developed a proprietary CMS, content management system. Our first week is focused on teaching you this system.
- On-Line Writing – The second week we teach you the basics about writing great copy and creating headlines, the difference between a blog post and a web site article, and how to use analytical tools to write articles that will be found by people using search features on our web sites and search engines.
- Blogger Outreach – We work with bloggers extensively. We will train you how to manage the existing bloggers, locate new bloggers, and analyze results.
- Social Media – We engage our consumers through web sites, e-mail newsletters, and social media including Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, and more.
- eBook creation – We offer our consumers at least two new free eBooks each month. These are downloadable PDF format books, typically 25 – 150 pages, and often themed around holidays such as Valentine’s Day, Easter, Halloween, etc. Each intern will create at least one eBook from start to finish.
Requirements- College student, preferably with English or journalism concentration or equivalent experience.
- Basic understanding of HTML and online media.
- Strong writing, editing, research, communication, and management skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to meet deadlines effectively and multitask.
- Interest in and/or experience with women’s lifestyle content.
- Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall programs available.
- Coordination with college or university for credit is available as determined by college or university.