Paid Internship at Digital Publishing StartupBookmark This
232 3rd St
DescriptionRestless Books, a new digital publishing house, is looking for interns in our Brooklyn office, a minimum three full days a week, to work closely with both the Editorial and Digital Directors and key partners.
We call ourselves Restless because that is the quality we are looking for in our readers: people who are at home in the world, but also seeking out new experiences, new travels, new points of view. Our press invites our readers to explore and engage the world — not just as tourists or spectators, but as participants, ready to engage fearlessly with timely questions of culture, politics, and human potential.
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Help develop and research new projects and reprints; prepare reader reports and archival searches
2. Work closely with both editorial and digital staff on content and marketing
3. Help publicize the company’s official launch
4. Participate in social media and blogging
5. Perform general administrative duties: prepare and send contracts, maintain correspondence with authors, maintain spreadsheets and schedules.
Requirements1. Fit seamlessly into a small but versatile team
2. Proficient in Spanish and/or other languages
3. Love books (in all forms — including text, graphics, photography) and technology.
4. Show a strong interest in global affairs, travel, languages, and culture
5. Demonstrate passion to understand and shape the future of publishing; be unafraid of change and open to experimentation
6. Have eclectic interests ranging from fiction to journalism to photography and graphic novels