Publisher InternshipBookmark This
The Zharmae Publishing Press, LLC
DescriptionThe Publisher Internship is a highly challenging internship aimed at providing an in-depth knowledge of publishing and experience in each functional area of TZPP's Operations, to include: Acquisitions, Editorial, Operations, Research, Art/Design, and Production.
ResponsibilitiesWill work under the direct supervision of the Associate Publisher to assist in meeting the operational needs of TZPP. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the Managing Editorial Department, which includes interactions with editors, designers, and authors to ensure titles meet their publication deadlines
- Reviewing fiction submissions and assessing strengths and weaknesses
- Web article writing
- Proofreading, using the Chicago Manual of Style
- Completing a research project; topic TBD based on interests and current organizational needs
This is the type of internship where you will be fully and constantly engaged. You will have no shortage of work, and you will be provided the opportunity to engage in-depth at every level and function of TZPP.
Requirements- Seeking highly motivated and highly intelligent individuals with VERY thick skin.
- Ideal majors are MBA students, Project Management, Business, Economics, Journalism, and English, though any major will be considered.
- MUST be highly fluent in English and have impeccable grammar, as some copy editing is required.
- A high degree of organization and autonomy are essential, and must be demonstrated in the candidate's experience.