Publishing Internship (Full-Time)Bookmark This
16 Things Kids Can do
New York, NY
Description"16 Things Kid's Can Do” is a not-for-profit educational organization that works to empower Kids, People & The Planet to resolve areas of conflict on a wide variety of important issues that threaten the health of our country and the well-being of the world.
“16 Things” is designed to provide an on-going network of books, programs, events and activities that educate and empower people to be proactive throughout their lives on a host of fundamental issues on subjects like health, nutrition, fitness, education, business, volunteering, the environment and life skills. And when kids and people are empowered, they can help change family and peer dynamics as well.
One of the main goals of the organization is to get kids and people to internalize the best way to handle problem issues in their lives, and then be proactive about working to change; not only themselves, but their family, friends and associates in positive meaningful ways.
ResponsibilitiesWe are seeking highly motivated energetic people that are interested in making a difference. This position can potentially become permanent based on performance. Part-time and full-time internships are available with all training provided. The specific goals toward which the intern’s efforts are directed are as follows:
1) Learn the first steps involved in the creation of a commercial publication from understanding and utilizing media kits to building contacts, relationships and sales with advertising Agencies and/or Advertisers
2) Learn design, layout pages, advertising pages, demographics, market research, public relations, promotions, sponsorship, etc.
3) Learn to hone business and communication skills as they relate to their overall objectives
Interns Activities at the company will aid in achieving goals/objectives, which include the following:
1) Understand all aspects of the publication’s goals and marketing strategies and how they relate to the advertising prospect’s objectives
2) Understand materials used in the publishing industry (books, magazines, brochures, Media Kits, sales, sheets, etc) and the creation of said materials for print and/or electronic media
3) Contracting Advertising Agencies, Advertisers and sponsors using systematic approach with scripts, spreadsheets and market research in order to educate said companies on our publications and collateral services
4) Establishing relationships with said businesses to advertise, sponsor, promote, become affiliates of internship publications and organizations
Internship duties include, but are not limited to:
1) Using desktop publishing software and graphic Elements including photos, illustrations, Typography
2) Layout Advertisements
3) Layout Magazine pages
4) Layout book pages
5) Layout promotional Material
5. Willingness to learn
6. Willingness to grow