Love Media? Talking On The Phone? Social Media & WordPress?-Help Unique Marketing-PR & Pub. Co.curvy girl publishing
Editorial AssistantResources and Outreach for Liberia (ROL)
Literary Agency InternAaron Priest Literary Agency
Magazine DesignerThe Savane Group
Book Publishing InternBrown Girls Publishing/Brown Girls Faith Imprint
Editorial Internship in Film/Art/MusicBookmark This
The Repartée // therepartee.com
DescriptionIn an era of 24-hour news cycles, 140-character journalism, and extremist radio, The Repartée was founded to fill a void of responsible civic discourse taking place within the media.
We aim to bring together leading thinkers of opposing viewpoints and give them a platform to defend and reason their arguments, all without the interruptions and influences of moderators, talk show hosts, or larger corporate interests. With no hidden agenda of our own, we foster an online environment where readers of all ideological leanings will feel comfortable visiting and, in turn, engage with non-hysterical arguments they wouldn’t otherwise consider. We also believe that debate should not be limited to politics and policy, and hope to feature as many critics debating their opinions on the arts, as we do pundits and academics discussing their views on the major national issues of today.
We’re looking for someone to help find, curate, and facilitate debates for our Arts section, which will feature leading critics discussing the merits of film, music, television, and other such artistic creations. This person will have the experience and sensibilities necessary to identify cool, strange, avant garde, and – above all – interesting debate ideas, and then make them a reality.
We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to reach out to top critics and come up with a Plan B, if their first idea or choice doesn't pan out. Experience with writing for a publication is a plus, but we’re really looking for someone who is obsessed with film, music, tv, or art and has their own opinions about what is good and bad. While this is unpaid at the moment, there is the possibility of it turning into a full-time paid position as our resources grow.
Responsibilities- Help oversee daily selection, placement, prioritization, and tone of cultural content
- Liaise with our publisher daily to plan content and execute coverage
- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the publisher.
- Proofreading electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of pitches to prospect debaters
- Assisting with or proofing of ads, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Extremely passionate about film, music, tv, or any other artistic art form. You don't have to be into all of them, as you'll only be working in the field you care most about
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in music, film, English, art, or communication arts
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance