Writing & Publishing InternshipBookmark This
Powerful Films & Books / Powerful English
DescriptionLove writing and want to turn pro?
We are a large, established copywriting agency with a new publishing arm. We are looking for a writer who wants to turn professional to begin an internship & work experience program, leading to a position within both companies.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to jump right up the ladder, and become a professional within as little as 12 weeks.
We need someone who can help us take our new publishing company to the next level, and also help us cope with an overflow of copywriting clients.
- Creative writing work for clients, and preparing books for publication.
- Reading submissions & finding new authors and work to publish.
- Marketing including blog posts, tweets and social media campaigns.
- Dealing with customers, inquiries and sales leads.
This is wholly virtual, you can work from anywhere, but must be able to commit to a full time position - a minimum of 40 hours per week. You will be trained intensively and will have the help of two senior writers & editors. We are expanding very quickly, and while this is a fantastic opportunity it is a pressurised environment during this process.
Your writing career.
We realise an internship is a big commitment, and the best way we can help our interns is to make a real investment in their writing careers. During your program we will:
a) Help you write, develop and edit a book - with professional story meetings, notes and careful tuition.
b) Have your work professionally packaged by our typsetters, designers and creative people.
c) Put the work on the market, and publish it to all online retailers and in hardcopy format.
This is the same service offered to clients for over $15,000, with the added benefit of a one on one mentorship throughout the process.
Earn while you intern.
Unlike other media companies offering placements, we believe you should earn money while you work with us. You will be given the opportunity to be paid both for successful sales/marketing work which results in new business, and also for client work you write. You can also:
· See the writing business from the inside and learn how professionals earn money at all levels. This is a great way to progress from being a talented amateur to actually earning your crust through your writing.
· Grow your skills across a wide spectrum of writen work. We are a global outfit, with customers from the US, Middle East, Europe, Asia and South America, and we have two offices, one in the UK and one in Los Angeles. The range of our writing work is extensive and we maintain excellent links with the film and publishing worlds.
Responsibilities· Creating content for social media campaigns and distributing it.
· Writing, editing and researching article content, blog posts and web copy.
· Finding places to locate and interact with new writers.
· Compiling mailing lists.
· Dealing with copywriting for clients and helping project manage jobs.
· Bidding for writing jobs and other types of work.
· Publishing client titles online and in hard copy, and publicising new books.
· …And a whole lot of random stuff which always crops up…
Requirements!!! Update: We have had great success and are already working towards employing one of our interns as a paid junior publishing executive. We do want to take on another two interns immediately - however, due to the Fifty Shades of Grey effect, we want these interns to work within our erotica division. You must be comfortable writing to authors of adult stories. As an intern you would not be exposed to the content of these books, but you must be happy to talk to writers within the genre.
- Possess skills at initiating innovative ideas, unifying team members, and judging correctly what will appeal to target audiences.
- Prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and socializing, and include roles that call for imagination.
1) Great native English. You might not be a poet, but your grammar, spelling, and syntax have to be impeccable. We sell ourselves on the quality of every word we produce.
2) Fast writing skills. When we are overwhelmed with writing work, we need someone who can match the output of a pro - around 5,000 words per day. This could be on any subject under the sun.
3) Confidence when writing emails, letters, and chatting or speaking with clients or prospective clients. We work at the top end of the market, and deal with demanding customers.
4) Sales, marketing or business experience. Good technology skills and knowledge, especially Word, Wordpress and great knowledge of the internet and social media.