Publishing InternSarabande Books
Book ScoutPulse, LLC
Editorial / Journalism InternLocale Lifestyle Magazine, LLC
Senior EditorPulse, LLC
Book ReviewerPulse, LLC
Editorial / Journalism InternMcFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers
Digital Media InternAmerican Technical Publishers
Illustrator InternAmerican Technical Publishers
Book Publishing Sales InternshipBookmark This
10 Yorkton Court
Saint Paul, MN
Posted: October 27 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPublishing Internship: Sales
Redleaf Press, a nationally known publisher of books for early childhood education professionals located in St. Paul, Minnesota, is accepting applications for unpaid internship positions during the fall and spring semesters and for summer. The publishing internship program is designed to expose participants to all areas of book publishing, including editorial, production, design, marketing, and sales, though the position intern’s main focus will be on sales. The position reports to the sales manager.
ResponsibilitiesEssential Job Functions
1. Assist in list development and outreach to early childhood organizations and early childhood development centers.
2. Proofread sales materials.
3. Assist in the preparation of sales kits for the trade sales force.
4. Assist in the production and dissemination of electronic reading copies to the trade.
5. Provide administrative support for the sales manager.
6. Update the existing list of academics for course adoptions, including researching new prospects.
7. Market research on competitive titles and products.
8. Assist in the creation of sales reports.
9. Assist in the execution of sales campaigns for new and backlist books.