Literary Intern - start immediatelyJoos & Joos
Book ScoutPulse, LLC
Mailing List Management InternPulse, LLC
Communications InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Social Media & Community Management InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Office InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Marketing InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Grammarians, this one's for you.Bookmark This
Posted: October 26 2015
Company Location: Las Vegas, NV
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 4 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDo you sleep with a style guide? Is debating the relevance of the Oxford Comma your idea of fun? Do you spend hours trolling the internet correcting the usage of homophones, metaphors and similes?
ROCeteer, an award-winning Coaching & Mentoring company based in Las Vegas, Nevada is looking for engaging writers to help strengthen our content strategy.
Your objective: To increase the quality of content available for the entrepreneur.
This internship is an incredible opportunity for someone who is eager to learn and gain valuable real-world experience while working with industry veterans who write for and are trusted by major publications worldwide.
We welcome those who are passionate about and embody our core values of Bold, Inspire, Love and Truth.
Interns can expect 1 dedicated coaching session per month during the internship (in addition to mentorship for their role.)
Upon completion of the internship, you will receive a recommendation letter and any applicable course credit forms. Outstanding candidates may be offered a paid position post internship.
Working in our entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment is a great way to build experience on your resume and gain contacts for networking potential.
This is an unpaid, part-time internship. We ask that you only consider this if you can work a minimum of 10 hrs./week. Our intern will work remotely using his/her own laptop but may be asked to attend the occasional staff meeting or company event in person or remotely depending upon the intern’s geographic location. Remote access/attendance is acceptable for this position.
Applications are currently being accepted on a rolling basis. Along with your application please include your resume, cover letter, 2 references and samples of your past work that document your social media knowledge and experience (please send us the links) for our review. We look forward to hearing from you.
ResponsibilitiesInterns will do research and write online content for websites maintained by ROCeteer. Assignments may include blog entries, web page wording, and community portal pages. Topics will include issues related to:
Interns will be responsible for one assignment per day, Monday through Friday- this will equal 10 hours of work per week.
- Write effective copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Use alternate forms of communication (including graphic arts), resulting in improved interactions.
- Edit and proof other team members work and provide constructive feedback
Requirements- Excellent editing, proofreading, organizational, and research skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Word and excellent typing skills
- Creative problem solving skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to follow instructions verbatim as well as the ability to work independently with a push in the right direction
- Basic understanding of SEO writing techniques; Will provide tutorial print-out with basic tips if necessary
- Experience in writing web content
- Possess skills at initiating innovative ideas, unifying team members, and judging correctly what will appeal to target audiences.
- Prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and socializing, and include roles that call for imagination.