Senior EditorPulse, LLC
Senior EditorPulse, LLC
Coffee House Press - Summer 2017 Publishing InternshipCoffee House Press
Editorial and Social Media AssociateMango Media
Writer's Games 1: JudgeThe Writer's Workout
Publicity and Social Media InternWunderkind PR
Do You Love Social Media & Wordpress?-Learn How To Make Internet $ While Helping This Fun Online Co.Brown Marketing Consulting & PR
Business Development and Marketing Intern - With training providedLeopard Books LLC
Content Editors Internship -Non PaidBookmark This
Posted: January 05 2016
Company Location: Empire State, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are looking for entry level/experienced Content Editors. The position requires detailed knowledge of print, and digital advertising (website, eNewsletter, and digital magazines).This is a challenging and busy internship, with many rewards. This internship is unpaid but a valuable opportunity to work your way to a permanent position.Interns will be exposed to all editorial facets of a magazine. Duties primarily include proofing/fact-checking, research, writing calendar listings, blogging, assisting with social media, writing front-of-book articles, and helping out with whatever comes up.
Write and produce articles-Establish and uphold brand reputation and brand awareness through social media channels.-Help manage the daily publishing schedule and deadlines-Writing up fashion and lifestyle features-Updating databases and conducting research-Turn every headline into a can’t-miss opportunity
• Strong grasp of grammar and AP Style (+1 if you can spot the AP Style error in this posting)
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong familiarity with WordPress (basic HTML) and social media tools like Twitter, Facebook, Hootsuite, etc
.• Must be proactive, flexible and adaptive in a rapidly changing environment and adjust with a “can-do” attitude
.• Must be self-directed and independent.
• Must have good time management skills, be organized, and be capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing across departments, activities, and projects.
• Must be detail-oriented, making sure that all aspects of their daily activities are handled with accuracy and minimal mistakes.
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Must have strong research skills.
Please submit a sample of your writing (of approximately 500 words) or a link to any blogs, websites, etc. for consideration.