Mailing List Management InternPulse, LLC
Book ScoutPulse, LLC
Copy Editing InternshipGear Patrol
Editorial InternshipGear Patrol
Magazine Circulation Work ScholarAperture Foundation
Book Publishing InternAndrea Hurst Literary Management
Writer Internship (MLA)Executive Voice Publishing
Content Editors -Non PaidBookmark This
Posted: August 12 2015
Company Location: Empire State, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are looking for entry level/experienced Content Editors. The position requires detailed knowledge of print, and digital advertising (website, eNewsletter, and digital magazines).This is a challenging and busy internship, with many rewards. This internship is unpaid but a valuable opportunity to work your way to a permanent position.Interns will be exposed to all editorial facets of a magazine. Duties primarily include proofing/fact-checking, research, writing calendar listings, blogging, assisting with social media, writing front-of-book articles, and helping out with whatever comes up.
Write and produce articles-Establish and uphold brand reputation and brand awareness through social media channels.-Help manage the daily publishing schedule and deadlines-Writing up fashion and lifestyle features-Updating databases and conducting research-Turn every headline into a can’t-miss opportunity
• Strong grasp of grammar and AP Style (+1 if you can spot the AP Style error in this posting)
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong familiarity with WordPress (basic HTML) and social media tools like Twitter, Facebook, Hootsuite, etc
.• Must be proactive, flexible and adaptive in a rapidly changing environment and adjust with a “can-do” attitude
.• Must be self-directed and independent.
• Must have good time management skills, be organized, and be capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing across departments, activities, and projects.
• Must be detail-oriented, making sure that all aspects of their daily activities are handled with accuracy and minimal mistakes.
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Must have strong research skills.
Please submit a sample of your writing (of approximately 500 words) or a link to any blogs, websites, etc. for consideration.