Publishing Associate: Staff WriterSave the Water™
Publishing Associate: EditorSave the Water™
Publishing Project Leader: ResearchersSave the Water™
Publishing Associate: PublisherSave the Water™
Publishing Associate: SEO SpecialistSave the Water™
Publishing Project Leader: PublishersSave the Water™
Publishing Associate Director, PublishingSave the Water™
Publishing DirectorSave the Water™
Editorial and PRBookmark This
Posted: December 15 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionImmediate Requirement for 6-8 Weeks (April - May).
WatchFit has existing good relationships with many aspects of the printed and online media. We have a number of on-going stories and announcements to make and distribute through these avenues - particularly the health, fitness, well-being and lifestyle media. Also newspapers (local and national) and tech media.
We have regular contacts with these media relationships to ‘keep them warm’ and enter into dialogue and agreements with them about stories, competitions, interviews and detailed mutually supporting associations. For example we are currently in discussions about collaborating with The Telegraph Newspaper Group - providing material and special app downloads to support events that they run in fitness and skiing.
We also work with many people from professional sport (including Olympic champions), TV and various high profile and successful positions. There is always the potential for stories and promotion with these people.
And we work regularly with one of London’s most eminent celebrity film and photography experts to create great exclusive images and film.
Anybody joining WatchFit and helping out in these areas will be given full support at all times. They will also be encouraged to bring their own skills and ideas which will be developed and allowed to flourish.
Guy Holland will be overseeing this. He has over 20 years experience in newspaper journalism, national magazine journalism, broadcast media work and writing everything from celebrity motivational speeches, comedy sketches, business pitches, instructional manuals, corporate brochures, website text, and ghost writing celebrity columns and blogs as well as DVD scripts.
Guy has worked across hard news, music and arts whilst specialising in all matters of health, fitness and sports for 15 years. He has also been a Public Relations Manager for numerous companies and individuals across sport, fitness, health and well-being, working with Olympic champions, rugby World Cup winners, elite figures from sports across: swimming, boxing, athletics, rugby, endurance, fitness, bodybuilding, tennis, golf, motor sport. He has also worked extensively with stars from TV shows such as Gladiators, Strictly Come Dancing and Dancing on Ice.
Prior to joining WatchFit, Guy was looking after several clients, providing freelance material to numerous national publications and was Contributing Editor at Ultra-FIT Magazine.
* To work alongside and support editorial and promotional staff.
* Liaising with the database of WatchFit Expert Contributors from all over the world. Ensuring any correspondence from them is dealt with (responsibilities will be shared with the team in-house as appropriate).
* Helping with weekly article topics. Compiling lists of topics we send out to our database of experts based on what we know to be current, trending and seasonal subjects.
* Uploading of articles and optimisation prior to publishing.
* Assistance with editing articles. This can be ensuring there are no errors in spellings, wording and punctuation. With the right levels of experience and aptitude, this could extend to more thorough help in re-writes (where necessary).
RequirementsYou MUST have the necessary permissions to work in the UK.
Typical degree courses that will lend themselves to editorial and promotional roles at WatchFit:
* Public Relations/Marketing
* Religious Studies
Namely those courses that:
* Demand use of the written word to articulate thoughts, news, ideas and facts and therefore a decent degree of competence in using the English language to publication level.
* The ability to study and apply findings to article form.
* Collation of facts from different sources and harnessing them into coherent single articles.
Requirement - A solid grasp of PR and promotion, the ability to articulate and deliver ideas, correspond with external people and organisations we might want to work with, formulate, instigate and deliver publicity programmes.