Publishing InternSarabande Books
Book ScoutPulse, LLC
Editorial / Journalism InternLocale Lifestyle Magazine, LLC
Senior EditorPulse, LLC
Book ReviewerPulse, LLC
Editorial / Journalism InternMcFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers
Digital Media InternAmerican Technical Publishers
Illustrator InternAmerican Technical Publishers
Editorial ApprenticeshipBookmark This
McNeill Media Group
385 Oxford Valley Road, Suite 420
Posted: November 24 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMcNeill Media Group, a custom publishing house that services trade, consumer, and association publishers, is currently seeking an editorial apprentice to work in our Yardley, Pennsylvania office and assist with two of our publications, LODGING and Real Woman. Ideal candidates will have a strong academic record, previous experience, and an interest in lifestyle, design, or business publications.
This apprenticeship is for course credit and will give our apprentices an opportunity to publish pieces both in print and online under their own byline.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and clips to Kate Hughes, managing editor, LODGING, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities may include:
• Reporting, researching, and writing stories for the print editions of LODGING and Real Woman magazines
• Reporting, researching, and writing stories for lodgingmagazine.com and realwomanonline.com
• Brainstorming and pitching story ideas
• Conducting research to support staff editors
• Assisting the research team in fact checking, gathering data, and vetting story pitches
• Assisting the copy and/or production team in reviewing final proofs before shipping
• Researching and composing tweets and other social media content
• Occasional administrative tasks as needed
RequirementsThe ideal candidate will possess:
• Experience through college publications, internships, and/or freelancing
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks
• An eye for detail and a creative mind
• The ability to track down information quickly via telephone interviews, as well as database and Internet searches
• An interest in business, real estate, and/or health is a plus