Writing and Editorial AssistantBlueberry Lane Books
Web DeveloperFase Magazine Inc
Publishing intern, Booklist PublicationsAmerican Library Association
Publishing Intern, CHOICEAmerican Library Association
Mailing List Management InternPulse, LLC
Book ScoutPulse, LLC
Candlewick Press InternshipsCandlewick Press
Marketing InternBurnett Young Books
Editorial Intern - 2 positions availableBookmark This
Princeton University Press
41 William Street
Posted: November 04 2015
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Editorial Intern works closely with Editorial Assistants to support editors in the signing, developing and publishing of distinctive and outstanding books. The position is an opportunity to become familiar with, and to participate in, the tasks which go into acquiring books for a major university press.
Responsibilities1. Photocopies manuscripts and page proofs to send to authors and readers and blurbers.
2. Orders complimentary copies to send to readers and authors, and facilitates general mailing responsibilities.
3. Drafts and generates reader fee forms and check requests for indexers, draftspersons and art rights holders, to ensure all are properly paid in a timely manner.
4. Tracks down out of print copies with a view toward bringing them back on Print on Demand.
5. Conducts art research for images for covers and jackets to determine the most cost effective purchase.
6. Attends departmental meetings, including staff meetings, pre-editorial board meetings, editorial board meetings and project review to gain insight into the decision-making process.
7. The Reference intern also works on reference book program by performing the following duties to facilitate the workflow within the reference area – entering information into project databases on a daily basis; filling in contributor contract templates and circulating them when they come back; formatting articles that come in and saving them to the shared drive; helping the Editorial Assistant create/clean up reports – for example, searching for professor’ email addresses or cleaning up a contributor list.
8. Completes all other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization.
Requirements1. Must be attending a four-year college or university.
2. Must possess superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
3. Must be detail-oriented and meticulously compliant with set procedures.
4. Possess basic computer skills in Word and the internet. It is helpful to be familiar with databases and programs such as Access and Excel.