Writing and Editorial AssistantBlueberry Lane Books
Web DeveloperFase Magazine Inc
Publishing intern, Booklist PublicationsAmerican Library Association
Publishing Intern, CHOICEAmerican Library Association
Mailing List Management InternPulse, LLC
Book ScoutPulse, LLC
Candlewick Press InternshipsCandlewick Press
Marketing InternBurnett Young Books
Editorial Intern for Comic Book & Graphic Novel Website & PodcastBookmark This
Posted: January 09 2016
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 10 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionComicsVerse is a burgeoning authority on comic book analysis, avid advocate for underrated work and the go to site for all things comics. We cover new releases, provide in depth analysis of existing comics and graphic novels, and we offer content for the seasoned comic reader and the newcomer alike. Our editors are from a wide range of universities, interests and strengths. We operate like a startup - Nobody wears just one hat.We are a group of inspired writers, speakers, interviewers, editors and filmmakers looking to expand.
We're looking for a talented editorial intern with a passion for social and viral content that will work with our team of writers under the Editor-in-Chief and Senior Editors. The ideal candidate is self-starter, a quick learner and a lover of words and communication. We welcome both avid comic book readers and those who have never picked one up to apply.
- College credit
- Networking opportunities with authors and representatives of upcoming and major comic book
- Opportunities to learn through writing, editing and interview trainings.
- Awesome work environment.
- Possibility of attending events such as Comic Con with the company.
Responsibilities- Overseeing the layout, appearance and content of articles.
- Generating ideas for features with writing staff.
- Editing and rewriting articles, some of which may be rejected or returned to the writer for revision.
- Overseeing artwork, featured image of the articles.
- Editorial Research on behalf of CEO and/or EIC
Requirements- Highly creative and organized; able to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Works well with a team but also has leadership qualities.
- Prior experience editing is not required but preferred.
- Strong command of language, grammar, and punctuation.
- Currently enrolled in Creative Writing, English, Journalism, related program or have prior
experience editing/writing for a publication of any sort.
- Wordpress experience is a plus.