Editorial Intern Winter/Spring 2017 - Malibu MagazineMalibu Magazine
Publishing InternSarabande Books
Book ScoutPulse, LLC
Editorial / Journalism InternLocale Lifestyle Magazine, LLC
Senior EditorPulse, LLC
Book ReviewerPulse, LLC
Editorial / Journalism InternMcFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers
Digital Media InternAmerican Technical Publishers
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
820 N Orleans Unit 219
Posted: March 07 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSeeking three types of interns for our online and print versions of our magazine:
1. Art / Layout Director- responsible for defining pagination, layouts, style and visual content of Chicago's most widely recognized magazine on nightlife and entertainment. Responsible for same in website.
2. Writers covering segments of downtown Chicago including dining, music, sports, health, culture, fashion, beauty, nightclubs, and beer/wine& spirits.
3. Publication creation using in-design or other software to create models for newsletters and magazine.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus
SkillsRequired - Digital Publishing, Desktop Publishing
Preferred - Digital Publishing, Desktop Publishing, Entertainment Journalism, Journalists