WriterSRM Graphics and Printing
Mailing List Management InternPulse, LLC
Book ScoutPulse, LLC
Copy Editing InternshipGear Patrol
Editorial InternshipGear Patrol
Magazine Circulation Work ScholarAperture Foundation
Book Publishing InternAndrea Hurst Literary Management
Graphic Design Intern (Children's Book Illustrator)Bookmark This
Posted: July 24 2016
Company Location: Philadelphia, PA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAlthough we've taken a hiatus for 2 years, ShoeKandi.com is a woman-owned business, operated through the internships of collegiate fashion students who are given the opportunity to make sound business decisions that directly impact our growth. We’re dedicated to the education and empowerment of women of all ages. We firmly believe that every woman has a voice and an innate beauty to share with the world.
We've since launched several key businesses under the ShoeKandi brand that include children's literature, graphic tees and sports training.
Responsibilities- Assists in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized
- Responsible to incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for custom ads
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
Requirements- Working towards a BA or certificate from a Fine Arts program/Graphic Design school (Will consider recent graduates)
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator (CorelDraw is a plus)
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback