Mailing List Management InternPulse, LLC
Book ScoutPulse, LLC
Virtual InternshipJoyland Prime Academy
Editorial / Journalism InternCorinthia A Kelley
Public Relations InternCorinthia A Kelley
Illistrator neededCheshire Grin Publishing
Editor neededCheshire Grin Publishing
Summer Intern for Social Media & Publication ManagementOmegaTrace
Magazine Internship - Digital & PrintBookmark This
The Rise Network
Posted: April 15 2016
Company Location: Atlanta, GA
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 10 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Rise Network™, a multi-media firm creating innovative campaigns is looking for interns who are knowledgeable in all aspects of the public relations field. Interns who fill this position should expect to be hands on in the field from top to bottom, which will prepare you to be ready to enter any fast-paced public relations firm with excellent skills or be employed by this company. It's essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
This is a year-round internship that works according to the intern’s availability. We are providing students with an opportunity to enhance their learning experience in their field(s) of interest.
We have multiple positions for this internship. Editorial, design, marketing, public relations, social media, and web. Please view "Requirements" for positions and details.
ResponsibilitiesInterns will assist in one or more of the following areas:
The editorial side of The Rise Network writes, edits, shoots, illustrates, and designs the magazine for both print and online:
• Assistant Associate Editors: As an AE, you’ll guide the writer’s process as they find interview subjects, research, and craft their drafts. You’ll also need to set up weekly meetings with your story group (including writer, photographer, designer, etc.) to monitor all stages of the story before it goes to print.
• Assistant Writers: After receiving your story assignment(s), you’ll seek out interviews and send story drafts to your AE every week. Communication and persistence are key to creating a well-rounded story by the assigned deadlines. Writers for the print publication are also encouraged to write for the website.
• Designers: It’s the goal of the designer to develop all text, illustrations, and photos into cohesive and innovative spreads for the print magazine. You don’t need to already be an expert in InDesign and Photoshop, but these will be your two main tools so be open to learning.
• Illustrator: You’ll create visuals to accompany stories instead of, or along with, photos.
• Web Master: Will assist in making sure the website is on point and aesthetically pleasing. Writers post their own stories to the website for the most part, so your job is to make sure the site stays clean and free from any unwanted or irrelevant links or sources. Knowledge of HTML and CSS coding is a must.
• Web Editor: You work directly with the web master in a duo to ensure the website is always up to date with new stories and features and that it is clean and professional.
• Video Editor: Responsible for assisting in managing videographers, overseeing the progression of video content, and making themselves available for questions regarding production. The ideal candidate has worked with Final Cut X or Adobe Premier extensively, and knows what makes an effective and compelling video. The video director will stay in regular contact with the Editor-in-Chief Managing Editors, and will work under the Photo Editor.
Podcast Producers: Assist in the production of shows for The Rise Network Magazine website. This is a “pitch” type of position: you pitch a story idea for a podcast, ideally around 10 minutes long, but longer if needed. If the pitch is approved, the show will be slotted. We are always willing to work with storytellers on shaping ideas if an initial pitch is not approved. Qualified candidates will have a basic knowledge of Final Cut X or corresponding audio editing software, the principles of natural sound placement, and audio storytelling.
This is an unpaid internship that will become a paid internship.
Requirements• Basic project management skills
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Ability to multi-task and solve problems creatively, organized and methodical
• Self-directed, results-oriented, and customer-focused
• Willingness to take on new responsibilities and be able to take risks along with demonstrating assertiveness
• Ability to work with a high performance team, build good relationships and establish trust
• Ability to work independently, under pressure, and on a deadline.
•Major, experience or interest in graphic design, animation, journalism, marketing, photography, social media.