Publishing Associate: Staff WriterSave the Water™
Publishing Associate: EditorSave the Water™
Publishing Project Leader: ResearchersSave the Water™
Publishing Associate: PublisherSave the Water™
Publishing Associate: SEO SpecialistSave the Water™
Publishing Project Leader: PublishersSave the Water™
Publishing Associate Director, PublishingSave the Water™
Publishing DirectorSave the Water™
Manuscript Editor - FictionBookmark This
Posted: February 16 2015
Company Location: Opelika, AL
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBased in Opelika, AL, the position reports to the Chief Editor.
• Edit at least 20,000 words per week.
• Point out inconsistencies in story lines through developmental editing, content editing, and proofreading.
• Use Microsoft Word Track changes to document any changes made.
• Communicate to writers tips to improve their writing.
• Research themes, events, and locations for consistency and correctness.
• Prioritize editing projects according to dates due back to the client.
About Nayberry Publications:
Independent publishing house that was originally established to publish works by Shani Greene Dowdell in 2007. Since, we have grown to service aspiring and established authors with their publishing projects. Nayberry Publications has received several awards for excellence in publishing and is working to expand the brand through traditional publishing contracts.
• You are passionate about creative writing.
• You are a strong writer with solid editing skills and the ability to adapt to different writing styles.
• You have a good eye for detail and are highly organized.
• You enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment, working with and communicating with other members of the team, as well as social media and marketing.
• You are a creative thinker and proactive about finding solutions to problems.
Experience, Skills, and Education:
• Must pass an editing test provided by Nayberry Publications.
• Experiences with writing, editing, or web content publishing are a plus.
• Able to work both independently and as part of a functional team.
• A strong personal or professional interest in creative writing.
• Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Word.
• At least 90% of the job is spent on the computer.
When applying, please include:
• Resume and cover letter
• Please include any links to publicly available social media or community profiles (may include blogs, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube playlists, Google+, etc.) in your cover letter.