Research AssistantBlueberry Lane Books
Editorial internStory Terrace
Graphic Design Intern for Publishing CompanyUrbanEdge Publishing
Editorial / Journalism InternV Love Productions
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Kamsi Magazine
Administration and Marketing Intern for Children's Book Publishing CompanyMacLaren-Cochrane Publishing
Korean - English Bilingual InternshipTokyo Journal
Book ScoutPulse, LLC
502 McKnight Drive
Posted: May 09 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Description• Meet corporate clients to determine their need for media presence.
• Provide clients with information on how to handle media presence and the baggage that comes with it.
• Create and implement publicity plans to ensure appropriate coverage in the media.
• Plan and execute strategies to overtake potential competition in the arena.
• Develop creative pitches and targeted outreach lists.
• Schedule clients’ appearances at events, photo shoots and interviews.
• Guide clients about what may appear as positive or negative when in public eye.
• Develop and implement creative ways of keeping client in the news.
• Identify appropriate markets for each individual client and ensure that pitches are disseminated in an effective manner.
• Write press releases and assist in creating and procuring press kits and articles.
• Make editorial calendars and media lists for the purpose of handling publicity campaigns.
• Ensure that clients’ information and image is rampant on social media.
• Create and maintain positive relationships with key members of the media.
• Research necessary communication avenues to ensure clients’ publicity objectives are met.
• Ensure that all media copy is proofread and vetted before it is released.
• Ensure partnership integration by handling execution of event details in an appropriate manner.