Web DeveloperFase Magazine Inc
Publishing intern, Booklist PublicationsAmerican Library Association
Publishing Intern, CHOICEAmerican Library Association
Marketing InternBurnett Young Books
Editor InternBurnett Young Books
Editors invited to intern for The Epoch Herald, an international magazine.The Epoch Herald
artist assistant / painter helperArtist Management
Photography Internship at Magazine Publishing CompanyNew Media Publishing Group
University of Rochester Press Editorial InternshipBookmark This
Boydell & Brewer
668 Mt. Hope Ave.
Posted: April 19 2016
DescriptionFounded in 1989 as a unique collaboration between the University of Rochester and British academic publisher Boydell & Brewer, Ltd., the University of Rochester Press publishes books of high intellectual merit that reflect selected strengths of the university and contribute to scholarly dialogue in specific subject areas. The press sees as its mission the dissemination of scholarship to the academic community and to thoughtful general readers, particularly in the fields of musicology and music theory, African studies, European history, and the history of medicine. All manuscripts chosen for consideration by the press are rigorously peer-reviewed and brought before its editorial board for approval. We acquire and select projects—specialized monographs and contributed volumes—that fortify our established series, and that add meaningfully to the store of knowledge in these and related disciplines.
The University of Rochester Press editorial intern assists the editorial director, managing editor, and associate editor by performing administrative and light editorial tasks. Preference will be given to University of Rochester students.
Responsibilities- Communicate regularly with URP editorial director, managing editor, and associate editor; assist with administrative tasks related to editorial activities
- Communicate with academic authors and editors about matters related to their books or series
- Maintain physical and electronic production files and update URP's database
- Take minutes at URP editorial board meetings
- Send manuscripts to peer reviewers, arrange payment for reader reports
- Conduct occasional library and web research, etc.
- Send occasional rejection form letters
- Maintain publicity blurbs and author bios in database
- Occasional light copyediting, proofreading, scanning
- Approximately 8-12 hours per week, regular schedule
Requirements- Strong organizational skills, computer skills, a sharp eye for detail, and excellent proofreading skills necessary
- Must have demonstrated expertise in English grammar and usage, and an excellent eye for detail and accuracy
- Maturity and good organizational, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills are essential
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work to deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity with databases and data entry a plus