Editorial / Journalism InternAPM
Mailing List Management InternPulse, LLC
Senior EditorPulse, LLC
Senior EditorPulse, LLC
Coffee House Press - Summer 2017 Publishing InternshipCoffee House Press
Editorial and Social Media AssociateMango Media
Writer's Games 1: JudgeThe Writer's Workout
Publicity and Social Media InternWunderkind PR
Video Internship- Spring and/or Summer 2017Bookmark This
National Sleep Foundation
1010 N Glebe Rd.
Posted: August 21 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe National Sleep Foundation (NSF) seeks a student interns in the Publishing department to work in video and multimedia production. NSF is dedicated to education and promotion of sleep health and safety. It’s a great time for young digital lovers to join our team; we’re fresh from an exciting web launch (Sleep.org), amping up our social media efforts, working on tons of exciting partnerships, and creating new content on a daily basis.
Efforts are made to tailor the internship to your skills and interests. During your internship, you will have one or more whole projects that you will complete. Possible tasks and/or responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Shooting and editing video content for the websites Sleep.org, SleepFoundation.org and our associated social media handles
• Assists in maintaining NSF social media accounts
• Utilizing analytics data to assess performance, determine content needs and gaps, and research potential new properties
• Assisting with the organization’s targeted media outreach and blogger engagement strategy.
• Undergraduate or graduate student majoring in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or related field. Recent grads are also accepted.
• Excellent digital and print writer and editor
• Ability to conceptualize projects in new and innovative ways
• Experience and understanding of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram
• Enthusiasm and Ambition: As an important part of our team, you'll learn a lot and work hard while doing it. You should have the ability to quickly learn and master new tools, and take ownership of tasks and projects
• Strong people skills and teamwork: Our small team supports each other every day, so you’ll need to be able to collaborate and communicate effectively
• Attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven team environment, but also work independently
Internships are unpaid, but college credit is available. Perks include a transportation stipend or parking reimbursement, fruit and granola office service and a collaborative environment. Hours can be flexible but students must commit to a set schedule. Typical interns work between 16 and 37.5 hours a week at our office in Arlington, VA, located on the orange/silver lines of the metro.
1. Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Include “Video Internship- [SEMESTER] 2017” in the subject line.
3. Indicate in your cover letter your desired schedule and hours you’d prefer to work.
About the National Sleep Foundation
The National Sleep Foundation is dedicated to improving health and well-being through sleep education and advocacy. Founded in 1990 by the leaders in sleep medicine, NSF is the trusted resource for sleep science, healthy sleep habits, and sleep disorders to medical professionals, patients and the public. Find out more at www.Sleepfoundat