(UNPAID) ADMINISTRATIVE INTERN FALL 2013 (Broadcast Media, Radio, and Public Relations Industry)Bookmark This
2250 EAST DEVON STE 151
Des Plaines, IL
DescriptionThe Administrative Intern reports to the Director of Operations, and will have the opportunity to work closely with the President, Sales, Affiliate Relations, Production, and Editorial.
MediaTracks Communications is an award-winning producer of two public affairs programs airing on 800 radio stations nationwide. For 25 years, we’ve been a leader in providing audio services for the PR industry, including radio news releases, PSAs, podcasts, and media tours. We seek interns looking for experience in a close-knit, casual working environment with a small team. Past interns have gone on to work at NPR’s All Things Considered, KNX-AM, WAND-TV, ESPN and Disney.
We are looking for students locally based in the Chicago area who will be graduating in 2014or 2015 or returning adult students. Interns usually work 16 hrs per week, for 8-12 weeks.
• Daily communication via phone/e-mail to radio stations, providing customer service to affiliates
• Updating affiliate and client databases
• Blogging and posting on our websites and social media pages
• Assist Director of Operations with affiliate communications, client reports, contracts, filing, sales materials, research projects
Apply through this site, or email email@example.com, attaching your resume, cover letter, and 2 writing samples. You can also include links to online work. In your cover letter, please say something about your relevant coursework, projects and/or experience, what you’d like to learn from us in regard to your future plans, and what days/times you are likely available.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills, confident phone manner
• Strong interest in broadcast media, public relations, marketing and/or customer service
• Bright, hard-working self-starter with professional demeanor
• Proficiency with databases, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word/Excel, social media apps
• Additional opportunities exist for those with graphic/web design skills