(UNPAID) RADIO RECORDING STUDIO/AUDIO PRODUCTION INTERN for FALL 2013Bookmark This
2250 EAST DEVON STE 151
Des Plaines, IL
DescriptionThe Studio Production Intern reports to the Production Director
MediaTracks Communications is an award-winning producer of two public affairs programs airing on 800 radio stations nationwide. For 25 years, we’ve been a leader in providing audio services for the PR industry, including radio news releases, PSAs, podcasts, and media tours. We seek interns looking for experience in a close-knit, casual working environment with a small team. Past interns have gone on to work at NPR’s All Things Considered, KNX-AM, WAND-TV, ESPN and Disney.
We are looking for students locally based in the Chicago area who will be graduating in 2014 or 2015 or returning adult students. Studio interns usually work Mondays and Wednesdays for 8-12 weeks.
ResponsibilitiesWHAT STUDIO PRODUCTION INTERNS WILL DO:
• Work side by side with our award-winning studio engineer and producers on production of two weekly 30-minute radio programs heard by 5 million listeners, as well as radio spots, ads, audio news releases, news feeds, podcasts, radio media tours and other projects
• Assist with posting recording content on our websites and social media pages
• Assist with Affiliate Relations with setting up new affiliate radio stations, troubleshooting problems and concerns
RequirementsSUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE/BE:
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills
• Strong interest in radio, journalism, audio editing and studio production
• Some practical recording studio experience, familiarity with audio software
• Bright, hard-working self-starter with professional demeanor
Apply through this site, or email email@example.com, attaching your resume, cover letter, and 2 writing samples. You can also include links to online work or MP3s. In your cover letter, please say something about your relevant coursework, projects and/or experience, what you’d like to learn from us in regard to your future plans, and what days/times you are likely available.