Music Publicistmusic team
Film Company looking for interns - Must be able to receive college credit - Radio majorsPES
Social Media, Marketing/Promotion Guest Booking Management & Community Outreach InternBe Exposed Radio
WJMS Radio Marketing InternWJMS Radio
INTERNET RADIO STATION LOOKING FOR MORNING SHOW NEWS REPORTERBEAT BREAK 87 FM
Intern - Digital Assistant (Programming & Production)Catalyst Next LLC
Radio Station EngineerF.L.O. Empire Radio Inc
Video/Radio Sports Show PersonalityTrueChat Inc.
Broadcast/Radio InternshipBookmark This
District of Columbia
Posted: July 18 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionA publisher & radio host seeks a broadcast intern to assist with a weekly radio show called emPower Hour at a Washington D.C. FM station. The show focuses on social justice issues affecting communities of color.
ResponsibilitiesThe candidate will be responsible for:
- Researching and screening guests
- Greeting guest in the studio
- Screenings listeners' calls during emPower Hour's airing
- Corresponding and booking on-air guests
- Posting question of the week to social media and screening responses from listeners to be aired
- Editing and archiving show's audio
- Researching and suggesting show topics and potential guests
- Assisting with live audio board
- Participating on-air periodically
- Photographing guests and posting on Instagram
- Write one weekly article
- Update social media accounts
RequirementsPotential candidates must be pursing an undergraduate or graduate degree in communications, broadcasting or journalism. Previous radio industry experience is preferred, but not required. Must have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel as well as Wordpress. The intern MUST live in the DC area during the time of the internship.
This is a college credit internship with a time commitment of 15 hours per week. This is a partial virtual internship with five to six hours spent in the studio once or twice a week and the remaining 10 hours spent doing administration and show prep remotely.
The right candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills, good project management and planning skills, willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects, and a passion for social justice. Note: This internship is for college credit.
Email your resume and a letter of interest to internship [at] empowernewsmag [dot] com.