Music Publicistmusic team
Film Company looking for interns - Must be able to receive college credit - Radio majorsPES
Social Media, Marketing/Promotion Guest Booking Management & Community Outreach InternBe Exposed Radio
WJMS Radio Marketing InternWJMS Radio
Radio Station EngineerF.L.O. Empire Radio Inc
Video/Radio Sports Show PersonalityTrueChat Inc.
Video/Radio Political Show PersonalityTrueChat Inc.
Promotion InternsTownsquare Media Inc.
WJMS Radio Music InternBookmark This
Posted: August 28 2016
Company Location: Yonkers, NY
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWJMS Radio is looking for an intern who can help put together the Featured Artists monthly spotlight for the station Every month we try to feature 4-5 artists who have positive music on the station. Their songs air from 5pm-6:30pm daily. We do social media promo and they are featured on our website. Our hope is to have them stay on board after the first free month.
WJMS is looking to spotlight artists who have something more to say than what we generally hear on the radio. Any music brought in must be edited. Some explicit and sexual content is allowed within reason. All artists must be approved by station owner to make sure they represent the station appropriately.
We prefer artists who have at least 3-5 songs and possibly an album so that any artist who wants to continue to be featured after the trial month, can change out their songs for new ones with little to no delay.
The music intern should be working closely with the administrative and social media intern to make sure all parties are collaborating for the best and most professional result.
ResponsibilitiesAs a music intern with WJMS you will be responsible for the following:
• Find new artists who are on the rise.
• Listen to all their music and scan for quality and positive content
• Handle the Music Madness and Featured Artist portion of the station
• Bring in at least 5 positive artists per month for Featured Artist rotation. They can have anywhere from 3-5 songs.
• Work with industry professionals to secure artists from his event for the station slots.
• Help promote the artists by sharing their pages and music and collaborating with the social media intern to promote via WJMS Social Media outlets.
• Other duties as assigned and needed.
Social media knowledge
Musical interest/good musical taste to represent the station well.
SkillsRequired - Music, Social Media Communications
Preferred - Marketing, Web