Boston Intern - Brokerage GroupBookmark This
Jones Lang LaSalle
1 Post Office Square Ste 2600
DescriptionAbout Jones Lang LaSalle
Jones Lang LaSalle (NYSE:JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. With annual revenue of $3.9 billion, Jones Lang LaSalle operates in 70 countries from more than 1,000 locations worldwide. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services to a property portfolio of 2.6 billion square feet and completed $63 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2012. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $46.7 billion of real estate assets under management. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Start a lasting career with Jones Lang LaSalle today!
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/UnitedStates/EN-US/Pages/Careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job: 1890.
Jones Lang LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran's status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.
ResponsibilitiesDates: June – August 2014
We are currently looking for a summer intern to work in our Brokerage Group in the Boston Office. This is an ideal opportunity for someone interested in gaining exposure to the sales side of commercial real estate and learning more about the Tenant and Agency side of the business.
The intern will support the Operations team and the Leasing brokers with projects, client requests and real estate transaction needs. This person will support day-to-day responsibilities, business development initiatives, research projects, and manage daily requests.
• Assist with various day-to-day client and prospect requests
• Assist with updating leasing activities reports, market information research, new business initiatives, and property profiles
• Research tenants and landlords for specific submarkets
• Utilizing company systems to conduct research by calling on contacts for updated information, tracking lease expiration dates and participate in system clean-up initiatives
• Research Top Area Landlords, Corporate Clients and Tenant Rep contacts in specific geographic market
• Shadow brokers on showings, canvassing or touring buildings
• News research/prospecting for leads/market scoop/leases through websites, magazines, industry newspapers, and other resources, including Dow Jones, DNB, WSJ, etc.
• Product control: mailings to tenants/brokers, quarterly updates, enhancing Costar listings with floor plans, flyers and property websites
• Pull building survey’s to update stacking charts of buildings using software’s Costar, CRM, Word and Winstack
• Canvass buildings in the market then compare information to Costar and CRM and update the information accordingly
• Attend group’s sales meetings
• Self-starter, assertive, and capable of maintaining a high energy level while being a team player.
• Demonstrate initiative – comfortable canvassing the market and dropping off materials
• Undergraduate level student who possesses the desire to work in the commercial real estate industry
• Microsoft Outlook – Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
• Customer service attitude
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively