Boston Intern - Research GroupBookmark This
Jones Lang LaSalle
1 Post Office Square Ste 2600
DescriptionAbout Jones Lang LaSalle
Jones Lang LaSalle (NYSE:JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. With annual revenue of $3.9 billion, Jones Lang LaSalle operates in 70 countries from more than 1,000 locations worldwide. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services to a property portfolio of 2.6 billion square feet and completed $63 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2012. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $46.7 billion of real estate assets under management. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Start a lasting career with Jones Lang LaSalle today!
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/UnitedStates/EN-US/Pages/Careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job: 1897.
Jones Lang LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran's status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.
ResponsibilitiesDates: June – August 2014
We are currently looking for a summer intern to work on our Research Team in the Boston Office. This is an ideal opportunity for someone interested in gaining exposure to the commercial real estate industry and learning about the many facets of the business. This person will learn about real estate fundamentals and the research process.
The intern will develop business consulting and client service skills and will have a chance to think critically and problem solve. This person will be a part of the Research team and assist as needed, getting exposure to many people, processes and projects.
• Support day-to-day ad-hoc projects as needed. This may require conducting research online, making phone calls, compiling information, working in excel and/or PowerPoint.
• Assist in the property database cleanup project as needed.
• Research and report on the local and regional economy with respect to employment statistics, major company activity, industry trends and demographics that affect the local real estate market
• Assist with the preparation of client presentations and research materials
• Conduct prospect research to understand a company's market position and any underlying issues
• Analytical skills, problem solving skills and ability to process and analyze data
• Microsoft Outlook – Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
• Customer service attitude
• Solid written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Critical thinking abilities a must
• Demonstrated interest in real estate – specifically Boston market