Marketing InternNewHomes|NewHomes & The Sales & Marketing Institute
Project ManagerNewHomes|NewHomes & The Sales & Marketing Institute
Real Estate Investment and development internAssociation Capital Assurance
Event CoordinatorNewHomes|NewHomes & The Sales & Marketing Institute
Public Relations SpecialistNewHomes|NewHomes & The Sales & Marketing Institute
Social Media & Community Management InternNewHomes|NewHomes & The Sales & Marketing Institute
Graphic Design InternNewHomes|NewHomes & The Sales & Marketing Institute
Junior Hotel Broker, San Francisco, CAParamount Lodging Advisors
Acquisitions InternBookmark This
140 Q St NE
Posted: August 11 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Urban Investment Partners (www.uipllc.com) is a real estate investment, asset and property management firm specializing in multi-family residential properties, primarily in the Washington, DC area. UIP’s core activities (competencies) include multifamily investment, via a value add strategy, as well as superior comprehension of DC’s unique rent controlled environment, land entitlement, and developing multi-family for sale and for rent projects in and around Washington, DC.
By combining local entrepreneurial, management and construction expertise with global financial strength, UIP focuses on maximizing returns for its private and institutional investors across a series of investment strategies. UIP’s market expertise and vertically integrated approach is based on its multi-disciplinary skills, creativity, and customer/resident focus. Since its founding, UIP has successfully invested in and currently holds real estate with a total valuation of over $400 million. UIP has acquired, developed and/or redeveloped more than 4,200 residential apartment and condominium units.
UIP is dedicated to preserving, creating and providing quality rental accommodations in the District of Columbia and around the Beltway. Many DC neighborhoods are dotted with older multi-family apartment buildings that are outdated and/or suffer from extreme deferred maintenance. UIP adds value by renovating and restoring underutilized and undervalued housing inventory. Additionally, UIP acquires infill sites to develop, often into “for-sale” product. UIP purchases properties in core residential neighborhoods, in and around DC, at compelling values.
The company’s roots as a preeminent advisor to US, Dutch and Belgian private equity clients helped UIP effectively link local real estate with the increasingly global real estate capital markets. With the vision and discipline that only comes from experience, UIP remains committed to providing the highest quality, risk adjusted investment opportunities and services to the domestic and international investor community.
Our subsidiary companies, UIP Property Management, Inc. (www.uippm.com) and UIP General Contracting, Inc. (www.uipgc.com) provide the needed services and management to fulfill our strategies and investment goals.
Summary of Job Functions:
• Work a minimum of 30 hours per week, focusing on supporting efforts to invest, develop, and manage multi-family opportunities and performing tasks that support these endeavors
• Participate in all phases of complex acquisitions and developments including underwriting, internal investment approval, due diligence, financing, closing, development, and management
• Become familiar with fundamentals of multi-family investment, development, reading research materials, understanding the firm's past work, and comprehending the competitive landscape industry players/competitors
• Responsible for working with other underwriting team
RequirementsSummary of Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree, currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program specializing in Real Estate, Business, Finance or Accounting
• Working knowledge of complex financial calculations (IRR, ROI, COC, etc.)
• Proficiency in Excel, entire Microsoft Office Suite and a high level of technological competence
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines to exceed expectations of client
• A desire to succeed in a team-structured, fast-paced environment
• Great attention to detail, analytical mindset and ability to work independently
Skills, Knowledge, and Personal Characteristics:
• Comfortable with ambiguity, effectively copes with change; can manage multiple and competing priorities
• Ability to adapt and change direction quickly and with minimal resistance
• Experience in or high level of comfort with an entrepreneurial environment
• Ability to work well under pressure while managing multiple projects
• Self-motivation and self-direction
• Relates well to people, up down and across, inside and outside the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in bachelor’s program or real estate or finance graduate program
• Concentration in finance, real estate, accounting preferred