Are you looking for paid 2017 research internships? Researchers are inquisitive, creative, and are able to process and make sense of large quantities of data. Research is critical to the advancement of all industries, so no matter your field of interest, you can find research opportunities. Government agencies, industries, universities, and private sources such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation invest in research and development, and the U.S. leads the world in money invested in research.
A summer research internship will not only give you the chance to develop your analytical, critical thinking, technical writing, and verbal communication skills, but it will also give you the opportunity to contribute to scientific and technological advancement.
You could carry out tasks such as gathering data on consumer demographics for marketing research or evaluating data using statistical techniques and software. You could also create visual aids to interpret research results and participate in meetings where senior researchers interpret data for a client.
Be sure to use your research internship opportunity to become familiar with common office software packages including Microsoft Excel and other modeling software and languages used by the company such as SPSS and R.
The Career Options
No matter your field of interest, there are plenty of research opportunities from market research, to clinical research, to archaeological research. The exact work you do will depend on the field you choose to enter. For example, market research analysts study market conditions and advise companies on what products to produce, for whom, and at what price. Operations research analysts are mathematical whizzes who use analytical methods to help organizations decide how to allocate resources, manage the supply chain, and solve problems.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in the research field is projected to grow over the next decade at different rates depending on specialty. For example, employment of market research analysts is projected to grow by 19%, and employment of operations research analysts is projected to grow a whopping 30%!
Ready to get your career started? Search through our research internships below.
Search For Research Internships
MORE 2017 RESEARCH INTERNSHIPS BY LOCATION
- Research Internships in Atlanta, GA
- Research Internships in Austin, TX
- Research Internships in Baltimore, MD
- Research Internships in Boston, MA
- Research Internships in Charlotte, NC
- Research Internships in Chicago, IL
- Research Internships in Dallas, TX
- Research Internships in Denver, CO
- Research Internships in Houston, TX
- Research Internships in Irvine, CA
- Research Internships in Los Angeles, CA
- Research Internships in Miami, FL
- Research Internships in Nashville, TN
- Research Internships in New York, NY
- Research Internships in Orange County, CA
- Research Internships in Philadelphia, PA
- Research Internships in San Diego, CA
- Research Internships in San Francisco, CA
- Research Internships in Southern California
- Research Internships in Washington, DC