Editorial Intern, MSL - Spring 2015 InternshipMartha Stewart Living Omnimedia
Market Research Internship - KRC ResearchKRC Research
Research, Social Media & Web Communications, Admin AssistanceThe Peace Alliance
Drug screening/discovery internshipVision Genomics
Law School Student Research InternInternational Center for Terrorism Studies
Executive/Grant Research InternBookmark This
5455 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1280
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionThe Executive/Grant Research intern position is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for those with a strong desire to be involved in the non-profit sector, humanitarian relief efforts and international development. The Intern will work directly with Relief International’s CEO, assisting him with researching grant opportunities, grant writing and administrative tasks. Applicants should have an academic grasp of international relations, some knowledge of grant writing, have experience in an office environment, and should have the ability to adapt quickly and efficiently to a fast-paced and demanding environment.
Salary: Unpaid, monthly transportation stipend and academic credit available
Responsibilities• Research potential foundations and corporations relevant to RI’s portfolio.
• Undertake specialized research projects and write briefs for the CEO.
• Assist in writing of grants
• Assist in the preparation and submission of administrative documents and procedures.
• Assist the Executive Team with the preparation of special activities and events.
• Assist Relief International employees as needed.
Requirements• Available for at least 12-15 hours a week.
• A dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
• Strong internet research abilities a must.
• General knowledge of world affairs and international/intergovernmental institutions.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently as part of a team.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Second language desired.
• Willingness to take direction, but also the ability to think creatively and proactively provide research and insight.
• Good organizational skills and detail-oriented.
• Demonstrated interest in international development and relief efforts with a strong commitment to local and global social justice.
Go to this link to APPLY: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH07/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=RI&cws=5&rid=359