Intern - SensoryBookmark This
Barilla America, Inc.
1200 Lakesidse Drive, Suite 150
DescriptionAt Barilla, we believe that the making — and enjoyment — of food is an art. Through our pastas and sauces, we want to bring Americans the best that Italy's culinary traditions have to offer; and through our promotion of Italian food, art, and culture, we want to inspire everyone to share in the values that have guided us for more than a century — a love of life, a devotion to quality, and a respect for tradition.
Barilla America, Inc., the U.S.-based division of The Barilla Group, Italy’s largest food producer, was launched in 1996. Just three years later, Barilla became the No. 1 brand of pasta in the United States (and today produces the fastest-growing pasta and sauce brands in their categories). To achieve this milestone in such a short time is a testament to Barilla’s history of over 130 years of excellence in food production, brand-building, product quality, and global consistency.
At Barilla, food production is guided by three essential principles: product quality, commitment to nutritionally balanced eating, and, of course, flavor, the unmistakable hallmark of the Barilla brand name. To maintain these standards, the Group engages in extensive research and development that helps us produce the best products, while always considering the concerns and needs of our customers. The Group also operates with respect for the environment and consumer health, and serves as a helpful, caring partner in the communities in which we operate.
Come learn from the some of the best! Work alongside talented professionals to contribute to challenging, exciting and rewarding projects. Our internship program provides real world experience and an opportunity to build expertise and problem solving capabilities.
We offer a unique perspective into the world of food manufacturing with a maximum 12-week paid internship in our Sensory group in Bannockburn, IL. As a key player on the Sensory team, the Intern-Sensory will design and develop a strategy to reinstate the internal sensory lab. The objective is to create standardized operating procedures for sensory testing within the internal lab by the end of the internship.
ResponsibilitiesKey responsibilities include:
• Investigate the use of the internal sensory lab
• Design product questionnaires, screeners and test protocols
• Organize and participate in product tastings
• Complete a product research study using consumer testing
• Complete a literature review to suggest appropriate design for product research questionnaire design
• Other duties as assigned.
RequirementsQualified candidates will possess the following:
• Completed Junior year of college with a major in Food Science, or currently pursuing a MS in Food Science (Sensory)
• Completed at least two statistics classes (fundamentals & applied)
• Completed one Sensory Analysis class
• Work experience in an on-campus sensory lab or sensory internship experience
• Ability to interpret statistical results
• Strong analytical skills
• Effective project management and time management skills
• Self-driven individual with ability to work independently
• Solid presentation and communication skills
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and maintain attention to detail
• Strong ability to work in teams and build good relationships high degree of personal integrity and work ethics
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
Candidates who meet these qualifications are encouraged to apply at http://tinyurl.com/BarillaSensoryIntern . Thank you in advance for considering Barilla America as a potential employer.
Barilla is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Barilla to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally.