Tour Planning & Research CoordinatorBookmark This
DescriptionThis internship is made available through Enoch Entertainment, a New England-based music promotion company. The intern(s) will work under the direction of this organization in promoting and marketing a pop/rock band. The intern(s) will be involved in a variety of promotional activities and will participate in the execution of a comprehensive marketing/event strategy. Interns will participate in regular marketing/event strategy sessions and may work individually or in team formats for some projects. This internship will give students an inside look at many aspects of the music/entertainment industry (event coordination, public relations, marketing concepts, social media strategies, print media, radio, etc.) and will provide hands-on experience to help students interested in securing jobs in marketing, advertising, talent management or public relations in the music or entertainment fields. Students will leave this internship with a portfolio of work and clear success metrics associated with their involvement that will give students a leg up in securing a job after graduation. This position offers students an excellent opportunity to make great industry contacts as well. And it will be fun!
Responsibilities• Development and oversight of a database of music markets, venues, bands, and festivals. Research would focus on:
- Market population
- Density of target market
- Venue location
- Venue capacity
- Venue genre focus
- Comparable bands and possible tour partnerships
- Festival criteria and entry policies
• Preparation of various tour routing plans that optimize market potential for the band.
• Establishing venue contacts and documenting booking policies, booking lead time requirements, advance procedures and venue logistics.
• Assisting with general concert promotions and street team development.