Research AssistantColumbia University
Information Service InternRelypsa, Inc
Summer 2017 InternshipsNational Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START)
Web Content InternshipAcquire Media
Research Internship with Harvard Public Affairs & CommunicationsHarvard University
Research AssistantVolute Technologies
Library Science InternArnoff and Associates, Inc.
Apprenticeships - Paid- College Qualified LeadersCollege Qualified Leaders Program
Data Collection Project - Home Based/OnlineBookmark This
Posted: August 18 2016
Company Location: Ault Field, WA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 50 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Native US English- Speaking children
• We are looking for native US English- speaking children (15years or younger) to take part in a Data Collection Project. The 3 age groups are 0-7, 8-13, and 14-15.
• The purpose of this study is to help the biggest search engine to develop and improve its speech recognition technologies for its products and services.
• This will be a great learning experience for kids, plus a fun way for them to earn some money for their participation in the project.
• The task involves recording short US English phrases into an online app; preferably on an android device, or on a computer using Google Chrome.
One round of recording is 100 phrases with each child allowed to do up to 5 rounds of recording or a maximum of 500 prompts in total. This task will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete one round.
• All speakers' parent or legal guardian must submit a consent prior to user ID being issued. The consent form and submission links will be provided upon application.
• If there are more than one child participating in one family, the parent will need to submit a consent for each child.
Requirements• Must be 15 years or younger. A parent or legal guardian consent form must be completed.
• Must be in the United States and must have a clear US English accent.