Product InternU.S. News & World Report
RESEARCH / PRODUCTION COMPANY SEEKINGLook At My Productions
Research & Development InterneMedEvents
Business Development / Sales InternDiane Forster, Inc.
Marcus Millichap Miami CRM Client Relationship Manager / Research - Intern 12 months minMarcus Millichap
Fall InternshipsNational Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START)
Research & Databases InternEnergySage
Development InternBookmark This
Collegiate Recovery Resources
817 W. 34th Street
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: March 03 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCOLLEGIATE RECOVERY RESOURCES
Development Intern Job Description
Collegiate Recovery Resources (“CRR”) is the nation’s first and only charitable organization uniquely dedicated to providing college students everywhere with access to fraternity-style residential recovery programs where they can thrive, go to school, and live joyfully in a sober, supportive community of their peers. CRR believes that no one should have to choose between attaining college education and staying sober, and that recovering college students have the right to live in a substance and stigma-free environment with peer and other support that can make the difference between graduating and dropping out and, worse, life and death.
CRR is seeking a current college student, graduate student, or recent college graduate who is interested in serving as an intern and providing a wide range of database, research, administrative, and general support to CRR’s development team. In return, CRR will provide an opportunity for the intern to gain experience in and familiarity with areas such as fundraising, philanthropy, recovery and addiction treatment, and the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization with national reach. The Development Intern will report to and will support the Program Operations Coordinator and Executive Director.
Hours, Start Date and Duration
Flexible within business hours (9:00 am to 5:00 pm). A firm commitment of 25 hours per week is required. The internship will start at a mutually agreed upon date and may continue through the 2016- 2017 academic year depending on mutual interest and satisfactory performance. This is a non-paid internship.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist the team in building and using the donor database.
• Conduct research on potential donors, strategic partners, markets and industries.
• Draft correspondence, reports, proposals and donor appeals.
• Assist the development team in planning donor events and other activities.
• Maintain donor files and other development materials.
• Assist with mailings, filing, and special projects as needed.
• Strong writing and research abilities.
• Desire to learn more about fundraising and philanthropy.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Experience with databases is a plus.
• Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
• A demonstrated commitment to CRR’s mission and values.
• Unimpeachable ethical standards and personal integrity.
SkillsRequired - Research & Development, Administrative
Preferred - Research & Development, Administrative