Internet ResearcherStrategic Business Institute
Research and Evaluation InternEMPath - Economic Mobility Pathways
Research Intern (Spring 2017)International Center for Terrorism Studies
Intern - Research & InnovationMolina Healthcare Inc.
Analytical Research Guru (GrantPA)Circle World Arts
Benchmarking and Research Intern - Association for Healthcare PhilanthropyAssociation for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP)
Analytical Research Guru (Circle World Arts)Circle World Arts
MARKETING RESEARCH AND SPECIAL PROJECTS INTERNSHIPZAK Products
Health Research Internship- Spring and/or Summer 2017Bookmark This
National Sleep Foundation
1010 N Glebe Rd.
Posted: August 21 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe National Sleep Foundation (NSF) is seeking interns to help advance its scientific affairs and research initiatives for the spring or summer of 2017. Health Research Interns report directly to the Director of Scientific Affairs & Research and work on projects ranging from consensus panels, like our Sleep Duration Recommendations Expert Panel, to our new Sleep Health Index®. Additional projects that interns have recently worked on include research on drowsy driving and the later school start campaign (zzz’s to A’s bill.)
NSF works hard to tailor internships to your skills and interests. Possible tasks and/or responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assisting on systematic literature reviews
• Exploring datasets using SPSS software
• Synthesizing complex findings into charts and graphs
• Preparing meeting materials for consensus panels and workgroup meetings
• Using PubMed and other databases to locate research articles
You’ll need some research background to excel in this position. Qualifications that we look for in Health Research Interns include:
• Undergraduate or graduate student majoring in a science or public health-related field
• Familiarity with statistical and research concepts (e.g. statistical significance) and tools (e.g. excel functions)
• Strong attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven team environment, but also able to work independently
• Working knowledge of computer programs like Microsoft Office
• Enthusiasm and ambition
Internships are unpaid, but college credit is available. Perks include a transportation stipend or parking reimbursement, fruit and granola office service and a collaborative environment. Hours can be flexible but students must commit to a set schedule. Typical interns work between 16 and 37.5 hours a week at our office in Arlington, VA, located on the orange/silver lines of the metro. Applications are accepted for the fall, spring and summer semesters on a rolling basis.
1. Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
2. Include “Health Research Internship- [SEMESTER] 2017” in the subject line.
3. Indicate in your cover letter the desired or available work hours and schedule.
About the National Sleep Foundation
The National Sleep Foundation is dedicated to improving health and well-being through sleep education and advocacy. Founded in 1990 by the leaders in sleep medicine, NSF is the trusted resource for sleep science, healthy sleep habits, and sleep disorders to medical professionals, patients and the public. Find out more at www.Sleepfoundation.org.