Digital Media Research Intern, 20some.com20something
Research InternshipGreenpeace USA
Internet ResearcherStrategic Business Institute
Research and Evaluation InternEMPath - Economic Mobility Pathways
Research Intern (Spring 2017)International Center for Terrorism Studies
Intern - Research & InnovationMolina Healthcare Inc.
Analytical Research Guru (GrantPA)Circle World Arts
Benchmarking and Research Intern - Association for Healthcare PhilanthropyAssociation for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP)
Internet ResearchBookmark This
School Dangers Organization
Posted: March 26 2015
Company Location: Denton, TX
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe School Dangers mission is to improve school security nationwide through advocacy, education and application of technology. This is accomplished by educating the public, fostering an environment for open discussion, and by delivering services for training, planning, and regulatory compliance.
We focus on building skills that you can apply for a lifetime, including: research methods and resources, communication, leadership, presentation, project management, resiliency, personal flexibility and technology. Through meaningful work, interns will:
* Learn how to think critically and act logically to solve problems and make decisions
* Use computers, technology, tools and information systems effectively
* Build and work in teams
* Develop leadership skills through taking ownership and responsibility of projects
* Learn how to develop a positive attitude toward change.
Inclusion and Teamwork:
School Dangers is a small nonprofit with one full-time employee and a board of directors, so interns are not just observers in our organization; they are an integral part of everything we do.
Interns work directly with the CEO. Whether through email or in person, the senior team is available to clarify questions necessary to complete a project. The CEO hosts staff meetings once a week to bring the team together to discuss weekly goals and accomplishments.
15 to 20 hours a week. We are flexible about office hours and allow interns to do much of their work at home (as long as they have access to a computer and internet). We are happy to work with academic institutions to facilitate opportunities to obtain credit or university-sponsored stipends.
Responsibilities* Research federal and state laws related to School Safety and Security.
* Analyze each state’s current laws and proposed laws (bills) against a checklist we will provide.
* Scout and acquire new community connections related to our mission.
* Locate online content (news, blogs, reports, etc) relating to School Safety and Security.
Requirements* Knowledge of Google Docs
* High School senior, College student, College Graduate student and beyond
* Personal qualities of initiative, detail orientation, organization, completion, self-motivation, reliability, * flexibility, curiosity, energy and collaboration