Research Internships In History (TEXAS Only)Annex Publishing
Robotics startup accepting applications for research assistant internshipX-Botics
Product InternU.S. News & World Report
RESEARCH / PRODUCTION COMPANY SEEKINGLook At My Productions
Research & Development InterneMedEvents
Business Development / Sales InternDiane Forster, Inc.
INVESTIGATIONS INTERN, WINTER/SPRINGBookmark This
Physicians for Human Rights
256 West 38th Street, 9th Floor
New York, NY
Posted: November 18 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Program department is seeking an intern to assist with research for PHR’s online, interactive map of attacks on health care in Syria, and other programmatic research as needed. This is an opportunity to develop research and analytical skills on topical and important human rights issues from our hands-on work.
PHR tracks the deliberate targeting of medical workers, as well as systematic attacks against facilities providing treatment to the sick and wounded, on an online, interactive map (http://www.phr.org/syria-map) and to date has documented the deaths of +670 medical personnel and +307 attacks on hospitals, nearly 90% by Syrian government forces. Through this documentation, PHR seeks to better inform the media, motivate governments and the UN to denounce such violations of international law, and reinforce that attacks on medical workers, hospitals, and health care infrastructure must stop.
Responsibilities• Researching and analyzing data regarding PHR’s investigations in Syria and elsewhere.
• Keeping abreast of international developments and human rights violations.
• Organizing the research and entering it into the PHR database.
• Contributing to the development of advocacy strategies to promote PHR’s voice.
Requirements• Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate degree, or a recent graduate in a related field
• Demonstrated interest in and commitment to human rights
• Exceptional analytical, writing, and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, effectively, and professionally
• Mature judgement, strong sense of integrity, initiative, and a self-starter
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through
• Excellent communication, strategic thinking, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
LOCATION AND HOURS
• The investigations intern will be based in PHR’s New York City Office.
• This is an unpaid internship and will require a minimum of 20 hours/week during the semester. PHR staff will assist with any paperwork required for institutional credit or external scholarships/fellowships.
• The position will require at least a 3-month commitment, with longer commitments preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include “Investigations Intern Winter 2015/Spring 2016” in the subject line.