Internship, Research & AdvisoryInitiative for a Competitive Inner City
Research and CommunicationsPublic Religion Research Institute
Research InternshipsZada International Consulting
Prospect Research Volunteer PositionSurfrider Foundation
Legal Research Intern IN-HOUSE FALL 2016Lauth Investigations International
Irish History Internship - virtual / on-line / worldwide / available nowDruid Press / Irish Tribes
Analytical Research GuruGrantPA
Remote Sensing Research InternPlant With Purpose
Legal Research Intern IN-HOUSE FALL 2016Bookmark This
Lauth Investigations International
846 N. Senate
Posted: September 07 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLauth Investigations International Inc. Lost Assets Division is a Indianapolis based private investigation firm with satellite offices in Miami, FL and Denver, CO that specializes in returning lost assets to the rightful owners throughout the US. Our website is www.lii-returnassets.com Unpaid internships are available in both locally and virtually. All undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities• Locate subjects by using 3rd parties databases, Internet and other search tools. Characterization of web content.
• Raw analysis of databases and data management aspects, data preprocessing, data mining of complex perspectives and summarizing it into useful information, considerations, post-processing of discovered structures, visualization, and online updating.
• Analysis of data from many different historical perspectives then categorizing and summarizing the data into focused relationships derived from the extraction of raw data. Final data includes the location contact information from the mining.
RequirementsMajors to apply: All major may apply but encouraged are Library & Information Science, Computer & IT, Informatics, Applied Statistics, Data Mining and Applications, Mathematics, Statistics and History.
The non-paid internship position is part- time. The position involves investigating and locating people by working directly with many human and non-human sources such as 3rd party databases and various web sites and verbal communication. The purpose of our searches is to locate the rightful owner of assets that have been transferred from the financial holder to the state’s unclaimed property division. The ideal candidate for this position is persistent, analytical, and thrives under pressure and also possesses the following:
• Former experience as a Genealogy Researcher, data analyst, library and/or information science, mathematics, or intelligence analyst.
• Verbal, written and communication skills
• Excellent internet navigation research skills/Data Mining/data analyst
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel, CRM database skill and related applications
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Organizational skills