Certified Appraiser looking for a assistantSutton Certified Appraisers
Intern for Travel E BookA Backpackers Tale
Fun, diverse (research, history, journalism, marketing, event planning, etc.) internship opprtunityLower East Side History Project
Intern-Safety & Environmental ComplianceMetra
Research Assistant InternResearch Internship Program
Creative Research & Writing Intern: SUMMER 2017Madison House Autism Foundation
Content Marketing InternBloomforth Corp
Real Estate Database Management InternshipBookmark This
1440 N Dayton
Posted: August 11 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThis internship is available immediately!
This internship is located in Chicago. Applicants must be located in Chicago to apply.
Come be a part of this groundbreaking research project! While making a difference, the intern will learn about the sustainable residential real estate market in the Chicago-land area. The goal of this research is to change the way people think about green building and sustainable practices to impact the future now.
The Green Building database management assistant will create market data on sustainable residential real estate – third-party certified or homes with green features, and their performance in a conventional market. He/she will oversee database management, input into the database of Chicago’s sustainable, “green” residential development, and perform analyses of market trends. This intern will also report results and create progress reports. As a part of this program, the intern will gain real-world database management experience, learn about sustainable residential development in the Chicago-land area and contribute to a groundbreaking research project. Other administrative and programmatic activities are also included in internship tasks.
As this project is in its primary stages, the intern will work with our research team to help input and analyze data on sustainable residential real estate – third-party certified or homes with green features, and its performance in a conventional market. The intern will primarily spend time working in Microsoft Excel and Access, transferring our Excel spreadsheet into an interoperable database.
The first two weeks of this internship will be training on real estate, green building and building science.
Weekly time commitment negotiable; 10-20 hours/week with a lunch/transit stipend.
About the Company:
Eco Achievers helps people succeed in achieving environmental and economic sustainability in their home and professional lives. We provide building performance testing, education, and consulting services for the design and third-party verification of high-performing, healthy green homes.
We look forward to hearing from you, and how you are shaping the future of our communities and our planet.
• Organize information gathered into a spreadsheet format that can be imported into database
• Work with research team to produce monthly progress reports on research database and market trends
• Transferring macro-enabled dataset from Microsoft Excel to Microsoft Access
• Researching public and third-party databases
• Data mining, data entry, data analysis
• Database management
• Create statistical analyses and reports
• Writing and preparing white paper reports
• Solid computer skills are required (Microsoft Excel, Access, Internet, Research compilation).
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working with Microsoft Excel to Access (see below)
• Great attention to detail
• Experience with statistical analysis
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in database management
Required Excel Skills:
• Know how to use basic macro codes
• Know how to transfer Data between Excel and Access
Required Access skills:
• Know basic modifications in Access Datasheet (Relationship, primary key, etc.)
• Know how to run Query (s) in Access
• Generate report from Database
• Great ability to multi-task and work independently
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Excel, Data Analysis, Data Entry, Database Administration, Internet, Microsoft Access, Database Management, Statistical Analysis, Analytic Reporting
Preferred - Sustainability, Green Building, Energy Audits, Building Science, Building Envelope, Residential Real Estate, Building Energy Analysis