Health Disparities Epidemiology, Control & Elimination Pre-doctoral FellowshipNemours - Office of Health Equity & Inclusion
Startup Intern (alternative title to be selected upon hire)Duco Experts
MENA Region Intern, Spring 2017Physicians for Human Rights
Former Soviet Union Intern, Spring 2017Physicians for Human Rights
Investigations Intern, Spring 2017Physicians for Human Rights
Arabic-Speaking Investigations Intern, Spring 2017Physicians for Human Rights
Deep-Dive Masters (Summer Internship, Ashoka Social Financial Services) - Third (FINAL) Round to AppAshoka: Innovators for the Public
Law or Journalism Graduate for Documentary Series about 9/11 trialsTOTC
Real Estate Research Assistant: InternshipBookmark This
1440 N Dayton
Posted: August 11 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThis internship is available immediately!
This internship is located in Chicago. Applicants must be located in Chicago to apply.
Come be a part of this groundbreaking research project! While making a difference, the intern will learn about the sustainable residential real estate market in the Chicago-land area. The goal of this research is to change the way people think about green building and sustainable practices to impact the future now.
The green building research assistant will help identify and organize market data on sustainable residential real estate. He/She will collect and organize information from third-party databases, public websites and the building industry into an importable format for our green building database. Additionally, this intern will research peer-reviewed works on residential green building, and produce white papers on the industry. This intern will work with a team to produce monthly progress reports on research and market trends. As a part of the Eco Achievers internship program, the intern will learn about sustainable residential development in the Chicago-land area. Other administrative and programmatic activities are also included in internship tasks.
Project research is in its primary stages, so the intern will primarily spend time with data mining, entry and analysis. As a team member, you will help gather and analyze data on sustainable residential real estate – third-party certified or homes with green features, and its performance in a conventional market.
This position requires some prior knowledge of residential building practices and real estate, great attention to detail and experience with statistical analysis. He/she will create a database of Chicago sustainable, “green” residential development for data research, analysis, and reporting. The first two weeks of this internship will be training on real estate, green building and building science. Weekly time commitment negotiable; 10-20 hours/week with a lunch/transit stipend.
About the Company:
Eco Achievers helps people succeed in achieving environmental and economic sustainability in their home and professional lives. We provide building performance testing, education, and consulting services for the design and third-party verification of high-performing, healthy green homes.
We look forward to hearing from you, and how you are shaping the future of our communities and our planet.
• Third-party database mining, entry and analysis
• Organize information gathered into a spreadsheet format that can be imported into database
• Produce monthly progress reports on research database and market trends
• Write 2 blogs throughout internship experience
• Research all peer-reviewed works on green building, energy efficiency and certified homes in Chicago since 2000.
• Produce a white paper about green real estate/the research project
Data mining, data entry, and data analysis includes but is not limited to:
● Transferring macro-enabled dataset from Microsoft Excel to Microsoft Access
● Researching public and third-party databases
● Creating statistical analyses and reports
● Writing and preparing white paper reports
Internship commitment: 10-20 hours/week. Negotiable.
Requirements● Solid computer skills are required (Microsoft Excel, Access, Internet, Research compilation).
● Minimum 2 years’ experience working with Microsoft Excel and Access (see below)**
● Prior knowledge of residential building or real estate
● Great attention to detail
● Experience with statistical analysis
Required skills and experience for Database Management System:
Required Excel Skills:
● Know how to use basic macro codes
● Know how to transfer Data between Excel and Access
Required Access skills:
● Know basic modifications in Access Datasheet (Relationship, primary key, etc.)
● Know how to run Query (s) in Access
● Generate report from Database
● Great ability to multi-task and work independently
** Please provide detail of your previous experience with Excel and Access in your written application.
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Excel, Internet, Microsoft Access, Statistical Analysis, Residential Real Estate, Applied Research, Building Energy Analysis, Analytic Reporting
Preferred - Sustainability, Architecture, Green Building, Energy Audits, Building Science, Building Envelope, Residential Real Estate, Building Energy Analysis