INTERNSHIP: Product research InternTrend Prive Magazine
Research & Conference Support Intern to the CEOSAGE
U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) 2017 HS-STEM Summer InternshipsDepartment of Homeland Security
Administrative Research Assistant InternCorkerbec Ventures
Legal Research Intern IN-HOUSE FALL 2016Lauth Investigations International
Internship, Research & AdvisoryInitiative for a Competitive Inner City
Research and CommunicationsPublic Religion Research Institute
Remote Sensing Research InternBookmark This
Plant With Purpose
4747 Morena Blvd., Suite 100
San Diego, CA
Posted: October 12 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPlant With Purpose, a Christian development organization, reverses deforestation and poverty around the world by transforming the lives of the rural poor. For more than 30 years, Plant With Purpose has been a leader in linking international community development and environmental solutions, working with smallholder farmers in strategic areas where environmental degradation and poverty intersect. Plant With Purpose currently works in Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Mexico, Tanzania, and Thailand, employing an integrated methodology that combines environmental restoration, economic empowerment, and spiritual renewal. Activities include watershed restoration, reforestation, sustainable agriculture training, savings-and-loan groups, local leadership development, and supporting outreach efforts of the local Christian church.
Are you interested in pursuing a career in international development? Do you long to use your research and data analysis skills to help end rural poverty?
ResponsibilitiesAs the research intern, you will support our technical team to utilize field data from our international partners in a unique research project. The Spring 2017 Intern will specifically:
- Utilize remote sensing data to perform GIS analysis of Plant With Purpose’s field watersheds
- Monitor and evaluate water quality, deforestation, and other environmental measures
- Research methods in related scientific literature in rural contexts in Africa, SE Asia, the Caribbean, and Latin America
- Employ innovative ideas with findings in a clear, concise scientific paper
- Gain experience in delivering findings to the Plant With Purpose team
Requirements- Sincerely interested in the holistic environmental mission of Plant With Purpose and the diverse communities we seek to empower
- Ability to synthesize technical information into simple, understandable outputs
- Experience with field research desirable
- Good communication skills and the ability to work independently and efficiently
- Highly accurate and organized
- Proficient computer skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with remote sensing and arcGIS
- Ability to take direction yet work independently and think creatively
- Preferably working toward a degree in science, statistics, geography, or a related field
- Knowledge/experience in community development and/or international travel is a plus
- Ability to contribute 12-15 hours per week in our San Diego office
While this is an unpaid internship, you will gain hands-on experience working closely with a creative, close-knit team who is inspired to achieve a lasting solution to rural poverty. We can also coordinate with your institution to offer academic credit for your experience.
Interested in learning more? Visit plantwithpurpose.org/internships
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and the Internship Questionnaire to Kenzie Leas at email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The Internship Questionnaire can be found via plantwithpurpose.org/internships/research-intern/
Applications due August 15. Internship dates can be flexible. If an early decision is needed, please specify in your application.