Data Analyst Intern, Public Library Association (PLA)American Library Association
Research InternWSU HIGH Program
Interns wanted for a film company - All majors welcomes - undergrad and grad studentsPES
Research & Archives Summer InternPace Gallery
Claim Analyst - Full Time Non PaidLauth Investigations International
General InternBrian Kuhn
Internship: Regional Research Director TraineeNeighborhood Rescue of America
Marketing Analyst InternSir Isaac
Research and Reporting Intern: RwandaBookmark This
Shooting Touch Inc.
Shooting Touch Rwanda
Posted: January 19 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Shooting Touch is a basketball-based youth development non-profit whose mission is to use the power of basketball to educate and empower young people around the world. Our ongoing efforts in Boston, Massachusetts and the Republic of Rwanda’s Eastern Province mobilize youth and introduce them to the game on-court, while connecting them with the education and resources that will prepare them for the environmental, infrastructural and social barriers invariably faced off the court and in their lives.
Since 2007, Shooting Touch has served over 11,000 youth in 7 countries employing a dual on/off-court curriculum designed to teach youth the fundamentals of the game while providing vital health education for an active healthy lifestyle free from disease. Shooting Touch’s programming is 100% free to all youth participants and there are no cuts because we do not expect to create tomorrow’s NBA elite, but the empowered, and engaged leaders of the future.
Summary/ Job Description:
Shooting Touch is a small but growing organization. Our programs in Boston and Rwanda are expanding rapidly and such expansion requires sufficient data to help shape our curriculum and focus our efforts. We are seeking motivated and self-reliant individuals to research the constantly changing needs of the communities we serve, and in turn help us develop the curriculum necessary to combat barriers to health and wellbeing.
Intern reports to the Co-Directors and Director of Curriculum, and will work directly with all members of the team here and abroad in the Eastern Province. This is an unpaid practicum which requires travel to our Norwood office. The time commitment during the academic year is 10-15 hours per week and 20 hours per week during the summer. Our office is accessible by car or the MBTA’s Commuter Rail and the 34E bus from Forest Hills.
● Participation in Shooting Touch’s trainings and professional development sessions.
● Opportunities for direct service and site visits to all Boston programs as well as a potential opportunity to travel on our yearly trip to Shooting Touch courts in Rwanda’s Eastern Province based on performance.
● Attendance at all Shooting Touch events where interns can learn about the sports industry and network with our star-studded Board of Directors.
● Hands-on experience working in a growing non-profit.
NOTE: While this is an unpaid internship, Shooting Touch has a long history of offering volunteers and interns full time positions based on their performance. If you are looking for an internship that will value you for the skills you already possess and push you to learn more, with a possibility for full time employment afterwards, this is the place for you.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for semester, year-long, or summer internships.
Responsibilities● Assess existing impact data and evaluations across Shooting Touch programs since our inception in 2008.
● Explore the varying needs of the underserved and underprivileged community in Rwanda.
● Research the impact of non-profits such as Shooting Touch in comparable communities across the globe.
● Assist in developing curriculum for programs in Rwanda using the information you attain via research.
● Work with Shooting Touch leadership and coaching staff on developing systems to track and report progress of outputs, outcomes and impact.
Requirements● Excellent written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and calmly under deadlines are necessary qualities.
● Foundational knowledge in research methods.
● Ability to juggle multiple priorities and maintain a professional work style.
● Self-starter and learns quickly; enjoys connecting the dots and creating opportunities for success.
● Passion for gender equality, youth development, social justice, and sport.
● Currently enrolled or recently graduated from a post-secondary accredited college.
● Fluency or proficiency in French or Kinyarwandan are considered an asset but in no way required.