Digital Media Research Intern, 20some.com20something
Research InternshipGreenpeace USA
Internet ResearcherStrategic Business Institute
Research and Evaluation InternEMPath - Economic Mobility Pathways
Research Intern (Spring 2017)International Center for Terrorism Studies
Intern - Research & InnovationMolina Healthcare Inc.
Analytical Research Guru (GrantPA)Circle World Arts
Benchmarking and Research Intern - Association for Healthcare PhilanthropyAssociation for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP)
Research AssistantBookmark This
Posted: September 13 2016
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 10 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWonder is transforming the way research gets done. Working primarily with Tier 1 consulting companies, VC firms, and marketing agencies to fulfill their (many!) research needs, we have developed a network of talented researchers who are either subject matter experts from specific industries or, in many cases, are simply thirsty to learn about new topics.
Although research topics vary widely across industries and human interests, popular categories include market sizing, competitive landscape analysis, company profiles, and information gathering for due diligence, pitch decks, and investor presentations.
Here are a few samples from our clients:
• "What impact will the self-driving car movement have on global economies?"
• ”What are the leading companies that are deeply pursuing the consumer internet of things?”
• "Which Internet / media companies have the greatest amount of revenue from non-advertising sources?"
• “How fragmented (or consolidated) are companies in the used OEM auto parts industry?”
• Gain hands-on experience with the same types of projects that you would work on at a consulting firm, investment company, or marketing agency (after all, those are our customers!)
• Real-time access to our global community of Wonder Researchers, including subject matter experts who are highly trained and always available for Q&A. This is your “unfair advantage” in research.
• Full access to Wonder’s research database, including all past research findings. Okay, there’s a second unfair advantage.
• Work from home, a beach, a coffee shop, or an exotic locale. We don’t care!
• No fixed hours, and no minimum number of requests to gain access to Wonder’s resources. Simply choose the topics that sound interesting to you!
• Involvement in a high growth tech startup backed by Bloomberg as well as investors who’ve also backed Uber, Bitly, BlueApron, and many other high growth companies
We pay for each completed research task, with the rate varying based on the difficulty of the question.
Please apply to the Wonder Research Network here: https://askwonder.com/rr/ispost-researcher
We will be very slow to reply to messages posted here, so please apply online.
ResponsibilitiesResearchers set their own schedules, so the day to day varies by person. When you are conducting research, it will typically involve identifying pertinent information sources online, gathering and synthesizing the relevant information from these sources, and producing a written report. You can lean on the Wonder Research Network for help every step of the way.
There are no minimums for number of hours/week or numbers of research projects completed, but self-starters will find that there is plenty of work available.
Requirements• Intellectual curiosity and penchant for diving into uncharted territory and swiftly becoming an authority
• Ability to synthesize information and create succinct, high-level, often quantitative summaries directly answering users’ questions
• Critical analysis and logical reasoning skills
• A discerning eye for quality online content and data sources
• Command of the English language and strong grammatical writing a must
• Keen attention to detail
• Understanding of basic economics a bonus (knowledge of markets a huge plus)
• Previous experience working in a research-intensive role is a definite plus, though not required
• Bonus: deep understanding of a STEM field/prior study in a technical subject