Interns wanted for a film company - All majors welcomes - undergrad and grad studentsPES
Middle East Researcher InternshipInsight Advisory Group
Researchers for Innovative Global Think TankThe Joven Institute
Research Intern for start-up located in DCPet Connect
World Trade Center-Kansas City Project Management/Research InternshipWorld Trade Center-Kansas City
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE INTERNAltfest Personal Wealth Management
Health Research Internship- Fall 2017National Sleep Foundation
Creative Research & Writing Intern: Fall 2017Madison House Autism Foundation
Research/Data Analyst InternBookmark This
Ridgeway & Prospect
Posted: June 14 2016
Company Location: Brooklyn, NY
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionRidgeway & Prospect is a small start up firm still finding its ground. We are looking to assert ourselves into the financial world. We are a small research firm that comprises data and distributes it to all clients of interest. We are looking for interns to assist us with our data research department and collect important data.
Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited university and pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Business Administrations; preferably Economics, Finance, and Quantitative Business Analysis.
Be a current Sophomore or Junior
Have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Successful candidates will have shown a sustained record of accomplishment, demonstrating academic excellence and leadership, in addition to the following:
Have a passion for learning about Financial Statements and Business evaluations
Be a team player and self-starter
Have strong communication skills and personal drive
Be willing to do what it takes to contribute to the bottom line
Strong attention to detail
Developed organizational and time management skills
Demonstrated analytical skills
Demonstrated professional maturity
Ability to take initiative and work independently
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Responsibilities• Perform key Recordkeeping functions
• Perform daily checks on file deliverables to the clients, investigate discrepancies and ensure daily resolution of identified queries
• Perform an overview function for the Shared Services functions identifying operational trends, issues and areas for improvement.
• Perform work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures.
• Assist the officers in handling and resolving issues involving all operational and various IT areas (e.g. Asset servicing, Trade Operations, Client Reporting)
• Work independently to research and resolve problems considering multiple avenues for resolution.
• Provide support and act as to multiple operational areas relating to Enterprise queries.
• Conduct special/ad-hoc reports as required
• Complete system testing for Change Control enhancements
• Complete any ad-hoc tasks as identified by the line manager
• Ensure all activities are compliant with corporate standards
• Maintain clear and effective communications with immediate colleagues and Management
• Adhere to internal procedures and best practices at all times
RequirementsUndergraduates Preferred (Make exceptions for Graduates who seek experience)
Good interpersonal skills
Ability to work with limited supervision.
Strong organizational skills and the ability to plan and schedule activities associated with the processing of customer data
Strong communication skills both written and oral.
Knowledgeable and proficient in writing and executing SQL queries, preferably in an Oracle environment
Ability to execute tactically while understanding strategic implications
The ability to assume responsibility with limited direct supervision
Ability to adapt to changes is a face paced work environment