Startup Intern (alternative title to be selected upon hire)Duco Experts
MENA Region Intern, Spring 2017Physicians for Human Rights
Former Soviet Union Intern, Spring 2017Physicians for Human Rights
Investigations Intern, Spring 2017Physicians for Human Rights
Arabic-Speaking Investigations Intern, Spring 2017Physicians for Human Rights
Deep-Dive Masters (Summer Internship, Ashoka Social Financial Services) - Third (FINAL) Round to AppAshoka: Innovators for the Public
Law or Journalism Graduate for Documentary Series about 9/11 trialsTOTC
Internship, Research & AdvisoryInitiative for a Competitive Inner City
Statistics / Data Mining Research InternBookmark This
Posted: February 05 2016
Company Location: Rockville, MD
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionK12ology is software product company building solutions for the K-12 space. We are an early stage start-up with extensive experience in the K-12 education space. K12ology's comprehensive suite of software solutions includes K-12 Budget Builder, K-12 Trainer, K-12 Student DataBlocs, K-12 Dashboards among other offerings.
Our goal is the development of a community dashboard platform for K-12 schools to present data in an interactive graphical way. In today’s digital world, making data available to public is more important than ever. Most school districts struggle with finding an easy way to provide their school’s statistical data to parents and to the general public. Sharing information about school is an important and expected aspect of public education. Our solution is a simple, web application that is capable of supporting all kinds of users, including users with less technical background. Led by an interdisciplinary team of innovators drawn from the top ranks from the education filed, we are committed to building a platform that provides a easy to understand cost effective solution for K-12 schools.
ResponsibilitiesYou'll be a research intern, working directly with our Head of Design Research.
• Keep up to date regarding what schools districts would like to share and what data parents and general public like to see
• Research the web, bureau of census, and school district web site and see want kind of data is available and how they can be presented.
• Help in deciding and designing the dashboards and what combination of data facts needs to be presented on each dash board
• Organize data and insight in a user-friendly way that is easy to understand.
• Aid our design team with research regarding new mobility solutions.
• Test the dashboards being developed and data being displayed
Requirements• We're looking for someone with a love of statistics and a genuine curiosity in how public schools perform and what parents need to know about their schools and the county / neighborhood they live in.
• Have a degree in a statistics or can demonstrate high competency in dashboards and statistics through previous work.
• Have excellent written and verbal communications skills, are highly organized and have impeccable attention to detail.
• Interested in learning the inner workings of a public schools.
• Self-starter, highly analytical, enjoy doing research. H
• Have great research skills and are comfortable with an entrepreneurial mindset (you are not daunted by the challenges of applying research in the real world).
Content Creation, Content Design, Content Development, Research, Analysis