Business Development / Sales InternBookmark This
Girls Empowerment Movement, Inc
2634 12th Street, NE
DescriptionThe Girls Empowerment Movement (GEM), Inc. is a 501( C)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring, encouraging, and empowering girls and women of color from 14-21 years old to take full advantage of their talents, academic interests, career pursuits, and potential for healthy relationships.
We help girls believe in their self-worth, realize their potential for greatness, embrace their uniqueness, and prepare them to lead successful, independent, and fulfilling lives. At the end of the day, we want to be part of a system that helps to equip girls with the necessary skills to make healthy and positive choices in their lives that will ultimately and eventually empower communities and future generations beyond GEM’s scope.
We have developed business models that are designed to promote collaboration, cooperation, and coordination among nonprofit organizations that deliver high quality services, supports and resources to girls and women in the District of Columbia. GEM, Inc is also launching an initiative for boys and men this year. This is an exciting time to join our organization as we are restructuring and every internship could potentially lead to employment opportunities. We are a progressive organization interested in partnering with people that are passionate about pursuing their dreams and bring that energy and spirit into the organization.
The Business Development/Sales Intern will work with the Executive Director and Director of Strategic Planning & Development to launch our eCommerce site as part of a fundraising strategy.
Responsibilities- Provide research on potential and existing clients and the competitive landscape
- Managing and following up on digital marketing campaigns
- Assist in identifying potential business opportunities
- Monitor news and developments relating to, or impacting, key clients/prospects
- Prepare periodic reports on screening, tracking, and monitoring clients and prospects
Requirements- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively as a team member
- Ability to communicate at all levels with internal/external clients by phone, email and face to face
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- A positive attitude with good organizational, presentation and writing skills
- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree or equivalent education