Yellowstone Summer InternshipDNC Parks and Resorts at Yellowstone
Feeding Children Everywhere Merchandise Intern- Orlando, FLFeeding Children Everywhere
Love all things Kids Fashion? Product Development, Sales, and DesignScratchMeNot
Fly Shop ManagementDenver Fly Shop
Grow With Us - $9-15Paradigm Innovations, Inc.
Emerging Leader Summer InternBookmark This
6501 Legacy Drive
DescriptionJ. C. Penney Company, Inc. (NYSE: JCP), one of the nation's largest apparel and home furnishing retailers, is undergoing a resurgence to become America's preferred retail destination for unmatched style, quality and value. Across 1,100 stores and at jcp.com, customers will discover an inspiring shopping environment that features the most sought after collection of private, national and exclusive brands and attractions.
As a leadership intern in one of our stores, you will take part in a blended learning program focused on immersing you in all aspects of leading a JCPenney store. Training will blend online instruction with hands-on experience and will take place in one of our designated training stores nationwide.
This 10-week internship is divided into weekly assignments that build on each other as you rotate through different areas within the store. You’ll be provided access to the tools and resources you need to put your training into action, while also receiving individual guidance as you work alongside the leaders in your store.
Upon completion of the program, if you have proven you have what it takes to make a great leader, you may be promoted into a key leadership role within the store.
During the summer your senior year, you will focus on strengthening and refining the core capabilities needed to work in the retail industry. You’ll also receive on-the-floor sales experience, training on product knowledge for our new in-store attractions, and a holistic understanding of how the business works. You’ll also be given a team to oversee and will be in charge of leading a designated area of the store. You will showcase your learnings through a store level project that will be presented to your leadership team and other interns during the final week of the internship.
What you’ll gain
- Personal and professional development.
- Meaningful real-world work experience.
- Exposure to senior leadership and strategic business activities and decisions.
- Coaching and feedback from an assigned mentor.
- Countless networking opportunities.
- Community service opportunities.
- The opportunity to receive a full-time offer to join us after graduation.
RequirementsWhat we require of candidates
- You are a current college junior.
- You have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher.
- You are open to relocation upon graduation for your first leadership assignment.
- You are a chameleon. You can change directions on a dime.
- You are outgoing and thrive in a team environment.
- You love the retail environment and making people HAPPY!