Enterprise/Retail Operations InternshipBookmark This
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
465 Huntington Avenue
DescriptionThe Museum of Fine Arts houses and preserves preeminent collections and aspires to serve a wide variety of people through direct encounters with works of art. Aiming for the highest standards of quality the Museum serves as a resource for both those already familiar with art and those for whom art is a new experience. Through exhibitions, programs, research and publications, the Museum documents and interprets its own collections, providing information and perspective on art through time and throughout the world.
The Museum creates educational opportunities for visitors and accommodates a wide range of experiences and learning styles. It celebrates diverse cultures and welcomes new and broader constituencies, stimulating its visitors in a sense of pleasure, pride and discovery which provides aesthetic challenge and leads to a greater cultural awareness and discernment.
The Enterprise/Retail Operations unit operates the Museum’s award-winning book and gift shops as well as its online retail presence, offering beautiful and unique merchandise – much of which is inspired by objects in the Museum’s collection and exhibitions.
Interns will work directly with the buying staff in the Museum Enterprise department of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston assisting with all aspects of administration. Interns will gain a clear understanding of a basic retail environment from the planning and procurement of goods to the end sale.
Responsibilities• Order entry
• SKU and vendor creation and maintenance
• Filing and general administrative duties
• Analysis of current business trends
• Work on special projects associated with special exhibits and events at the stores, (i.e. Member's Day)
• Occasional communication with store staff
Requirements• Enrollment in and returning to an undergraduate program
• Email a single MS-Word document containing your cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Excellent computer skills, especially data-entry skills
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Familiarity with and/or keen interest in retail operations
• Ability to commit to 15-20 hours per week for at least twelve weeks through mid August
• Ability to attend orientation on either Tues, May 27 (9:30 am – 12 pm) or Tues, June 10 (9:30 am – 12 pm)