INTERNSHIP: Replenishment BuyerBookmark This
Union Supply Company
2301 E. Pacifica Place
Rancho Dominguez, CA
DescriptionAbout US: Union Supply Company is a dynamic fast pace ever-changing entrepreneur environment with years of continuous growth.
About the Job
USG’s purchasing team is responsible for ensuring lowest product cost and risk through supplier management, strategic negations; spend analysis and continuous process improvement. An intern joining this team would expect to gain first-hand buying experience. Interns will gain practical experience in various areas of purchasing, communicating with suppliers, purchasing direct and/or indirect goods, and support of various projects like creating and implementing new processes. This position provides insight into the support operations of the business from how purchases are treated from an accounting standpoint to how product moves. This position may offer an opportunity to create a process and present it to executive management. An ideal candidate would have creative problem solving skills, excellent communication skills and enjoy working in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
• This is a paid program.
• Students must be of college level (junior or above preferred) and must be available to intern 30 hours per week.
• Desired academic majors: Business, Accounting, Finance or Supply Chain Management
ResponsibilitiesSpecific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Reviews condition of warehouse inventory levels, and item status on a daily basis, and places orders or makes other adjustments, as needed.
• Reviews min/max levels on a weekly basis and adjusts as needed.
• Inputting usage sheets accurately and in a timely fashion.
• Communicates inventory issues through the inventory issue log
• Controls and maintains necessary system and logistical information to ensure that product inventory flow meets or exceeds objectives such as inventory turns and service level.
• Performs all system input required to initiate new items, and performs all necessary changes to maintain accuracy of essential information such as cost, allowance, promotional, pack, size, UPC, etc.
• Tracks and directs inbound freight and orders. Makes necessary changes to accommodate market changes and ensures that all information is accurate and products arrive in the most cost effective manner possible.
Email your resume to: HR@unionsupplygroup.com
RequirementsCandidates must possess the following skills:
• Must have leadership, interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (spreadsheets), and Word
• Strong analytical and computer skills
• Must be able to develop, manipulate, format and share spreadsheets for purposes of analysis.
• High attention to detail